Wierd, Having a Thunder Snow Storm

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
Nope, not a April fool's day joke. It's lightning and thunder and snowing like crazy!! Only in Colorado.

Wow,that sucks..... you can keep that mess. Up north here in Saskatchewan it's drying up nicely and doesn't appear to be any moisture any time soon. Hope it blows over quickly for you

That happens here to some times Joe. I always thought only in Arkansas.
I think I should go fishing with weather like that around me.

Thanks for the update Joe. Was that Maxi or Merlin I herd
Its 69F know but 43 low tonight with storms.
We lost 169 people here last year to tornadoes

Wow,that sucks..... you can keep that mess. Up north here in Saskatchewan it's drying up nicely and doesn't appear to be any moisture any time soon. Hope it blows over quickly for you

Thanks, it was wet and nasty now the flakes are just getting larger. Got a good inch or so right now and it's coming down hard. Glad to hear the weather is decent by you.

That happens here to some times Joe. I always thought only in Arkansas.
I think I should go fishing with weather like that around me.

Thanks for the update Joe. Was that Maxi or Merlin I herd

Hey Mike! That was Maxi. Thunder freaks her out a bit, at least for the first few big bangs, then she's OK.

I always had my best luck in N. Wisconsin right before a big storm hit. I think the dropping pressure affects them somehow or they're just getting ready for the food that will get washed into the lake.

Sorry to hear about the tornadoes. Those things scare the crap out of me.

We get 1 of those every couple years here. It is always a little strange hearing the thunder and seeing lightning and then seeing the snow falling as well.

I wish we had weather like that here. I always end up having to drive hella far to go find something like that to mess around in, all we get in my neck of the woods is hot and hotter. i think it would be fun to take the RC out in a big open lot for some donut action. i'm pretty sure all that low rpm grunt you have can get big bertha pretty squirrly.

I should go fishing !! Northeast Arkansas

I remember that occurring at night many years ago up on Long Island. It certainly was eerie. The thunder was muffled and the sky lit up in a much different way; you couldn't see the lightning streaks, but the entire sky lit up.

We get 1 of those every couple years here. It is always a little strange hearing the thunder and seeing lightning and then seeing the snow falling as well.

It kinda just throws me off, like how you feel when you take a winter afternoon nap and it's dark when you wake...

I wish we had weather like that here. I always end up having to drive hella far to go find something like that to mess around in, all we get in my neck of the woods is hot and hotter. i think it would be fun to take the RC out in a big open lot for some donut action. i'm pretty sure all that low rpm grunt you have can get big bertha pretty squirrly.

It's got full time 4WD NP203 transfer case from the factory so it's almost impossible to do donuts. The upside is that it's very sure footed barring pure ice, although it will sqeal all 4 on dry pavement if I punch it from a stop. Rebuilding that transfer case was fun too. I think I counted 140 roller bearings, lol.

Wow... that's strange!

It really is. I saw it snow in the mountains here on the 4th of July. Weird watching the fireworks show in the snow.

I should go fishing !! Northeast Arkansas

Have any luck? :-D

I remember that occurring at night many years ago up on Long Island. It certainly was eerie. The thunder was muffled and the sky lit up in a much different way; you couldn't see the lightning streaks, but the entire sky lit up.

I don't think it showed up too well on the movies but the lightning had a purple tint. Odd.

I did not go, ended up having some help around the house, My nephew was in need of some cash :-D He moved a lot of wind fall and stacked it then I put him on Victoria

DOMINOS 052.jpg

DOMINOS 053.jpg

Yeah, that was a fun little storm we just had. Driving to work, watching the lighting behind the snow. Somewhat ominous.

We're getting another sotrm (Supposedly) on friday evening. Just in time to kill any plans I had for working on the duster. :(

Colorado weather is nutty. One time in june a few years back, it was about 75f all morning when it randomly started snowing like mad. We had a blizzard for an hour. Then, an hour later, it was 70f again.

It's rather odd to be outside in the park, playing frisbee with your friends in shorts and t-shirts, then suddenly be covered in snow.

I did not go, ended up having some help around the house, My nephew was in need of some cash :-D He moved a lot of wind fall and stacked it then I put him on Victoria

Cool! Nothing quite like having the ability to put someone to work. :)

Yeah, that was a fun little storm we just had. Driving to work, watching the lighting behind the snow. Somewhat ominous.

We're getting another sotrm (Supposedly) on friday evening. Just in time to kill any plans I had for working on the duster. :(

Colorado weather is nutty. One time in june a few years back, it was about 75f all morning when it randomly started snowing like mad. We had a blizzard for an hour. Then, an hour later, it was 70f again.

It's rather odd to be outside in the park, playing frisbee with your friends in shorts and t-shirts, then suddenly be covered in snow.

I remember a few foot deep pea size hail storms here too. One was in Colorado Springs and another was years back on my property 30 mi West of Walsenburg. We all took our coolers out and opened them up. When the storm was over, the coolers were brimming!! Pretty neat really... Saved us a trip to town.

This storm coming is supposed to be a big one. I just heard that it's supposed to start at Midnight Friday night/Saturday morning.

It snowed a couple of times here in Washington the last couple of days. Kinda weird snowing in April here. It is usually raining non-stop for like 8 months out of the year. Has not really rained that much at all.

You think you guys have weird weather around Denver, stay in Monument for a little while. Back in May of 2007 on the last day of school we got about four inches of snow and it was about 40* out. Then a day or two later it was hot and sunny outside, in the mid-high 70's.

-
Back