Wierd wierd question

-

Viper21700

Reaction score
Well Ive been trying to identify a electrical box on my car for the past week now, finally figured it out. There is a Flex-a-lite fan control module next to the battery, all wired in, but guess what? NO FAN???? What the heck would you use a fan control module without an electric fan for? Any ideas on what I could re-utilize this box for? Ill throw a pic up in a bit when I get a chance and show you what I mean.

Attachments

• District 13-20131114-00145.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 181
the pic isn't the best, but the box is next to the battery, the one with the knob on it. Its wired in, but I have no clue where too at this point in time.

It could have been used to thermostatically control something else. Or a previous owner had an electric fan and the next owner removed it in favor of a mechanical fan if the can or controller failed. I'd be worried about the wiring.

First we must back up a step or two.

Is this truly a "wierd wierd" question, or just simply "wierd?"

Or is it merely strange?

LOL

A quick google shows Jegs wants 85 bucks for these.

More along the lines of not normal. Strange even... lol

Hmmm. Ill play around with it when the rain finally clears out of here, and chase down the wiring. Who knows, maybe I can re-use it for something else. And if it works still might just sell it to clear some junk out of the engine bay.

More along the lines of not normal. Strange even... lol

Hmmm. Ill play around with it when the rain finally clears out of here, and chase down the wiring. Who knows, maybe I can re-use it for something else. And if it works still might just sell it to clear some junk out of the engine bay.

about the only thing its good for is controlling an electric fan, it has adjustable cut in and out temperatures

Yeah, I can't imagine what you might use if for other than fans. The simple answer is "it's a thermostat."

Water controlled electric choke? Idiot temp light, A/C cut out? and Jeggs is dreaming, they are $28 at Pep Boys. Just sell It.

Water controlled electric choke? Idiot temp light, A/C cut out? and Jeggs is dreaming, they are $28 at Pep Boys. Just sell It.

A/C cutout? why would you want your a/c to turn off when the engine is at temprature?

water controled choke? again why power to choke when engine warms up?

idiot temprature light? why? tell you your car is running at temprature?

A/C cutout? why would you want your a/c to turn off when the engine is at temprature?

water controled choke? again why power to choke when engine warms up? by that time the choke is already open from intake heat

idiot temprature light? why? tell you your car is running at temprature?

-
Back