Wife bought a car

-

Tigger181

Reaction score
Hey all, I've been reading this forum for about 2 years now and finally made an account.
The reason I've been reading for 2 years is because that's about how long ago my wife texted me (while I was in a disciplinary meeting with on of my staff members) that she bought a car... Her and I have always had a love for older cars and trucks ( Don't hate me, I'm a F*rd guy at heart, 1st truck was a '72 F100) she's always had her heart set on a classic MOPAR. She found this '74 dart in a roundabout way that came from an estate of a lady who died in '97. My wife has primary progressive MS (diagnosed in 2007, a year after we were married) which has been getting worse the last couple of years, I've been going through this car which is in remarkable original condition for its age and the years it's sat. When she had it brought home, we took it for a short drive (not my top 10 sketchiest of drives but definitely top 15.. I've done some stupid things with motorcycles, cars, trucks, dump trucks, tankers etc...) I pulled it into the barn and immediately got to work replacing all of the major front end components and going through the entire braking system. Life and scheduling has gotten in the way, but I'm almost ready to have the 74 back on the road. After I finish bleeding and adjusting the brakes, I'll get the new tires mounted this week, get an alignment, and finally my wife will be able to take her joy around the block.
I'll still have a few more odds and ends to get cleaned up and figured out (air cleaner, some electrical, a new fuel tank (pinch seam of the old one leaks slightly)). I'm greatly appreciative of everything I've been abeto learn from this group and looking forward to leaning more!

Post some pictures of your wife’s Dart.

IMG_5971.jpeg

I tried posting pics in the original post and finally figured out what I was doing wrong.... i think...
Don't mind the clutter in the barn, my squirrelly brain knows exactly where everything is lol
20240720_203713.jpg
20240720_204035.jpg
20240720_204046.jpg
20240720_204103.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, clean looking Dart! Great to see another 73+ A body getting back on the road!!!

-
Back