Wife Found The Parts

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
So, I have been acquiring the various components to do my floor shifter and hiding the parts in my back storage closet and when the shifter showed up today I was sneaking around the back of the house to hide it away from the wife and I got busted!!!8) The wife asks me "So what do you got in the box?" I told her it was a Christmas present, no dice... didn't fly. She looked into the closet and found my column, power steering box, power steering pump, along with the old grille, headlight bezels, and various other Mopar artifacts in my closet. So I tried to explain myself out of it by telling her that these parts were not that expensive, (LOL!!) and that it will be so much better when the floor shifter is done. Well now I owe her a dinner out and more than likely a stack of $$ to be coming her way from my wallet. So I will not be purchasing many more parts until I can formulate a new plan to hide more parts!!!!!!

You married guys actually have to hide ur parts from the wifey? Why?? HMMM...I guess something a younggun doesn't understand yet. lol

Yeah let that be a lesson to you before you get married. Find a woman who supports your hobby and loves Mopars as much as she loves you.

Mine bought a 2010 Plum Crazy challenger srt8 I think I'm good to go with this one haha

Not all married guys have to hide our stash. If it was not for my wife my car would have never happened......

She actually supports me on the rebuilding of the Duster. I just was trying to get this done and finished before she knew about it. She bought me the car for my 36th birthday in 1999 and has supported me with it ever since. When I got sick and was hospitalized in 2004, after I got home from the hospital and couldn't work and fell behind on my mortgage, I was going to sell the Duster and she went to the registry and wrote a bill of sale selling the car to her and registered it in her name to keep me from selling it. I am very thankful for my wife and to this day she will NOT let me sell this car.

Cool, just don't go under the radar with spending. It's one of the main reasons that people divorce. Create a budget, stay in it, and if you need extra money, sell something or do without something else in the budget. Secret spending breeds distrust!

She actually supports me on the rebuilding of the Duster. I just was trying to get this done and finished before she knew about it. She bought me the car for my 39th birthday in 1999 and has supported me with it ever since. When I got sick and was hospitalized in 2004, after I got home from the hospital and couldn't work and fell behind on my mortgage, I was going to sell the Duster and she went to the registry and wrote a bill of sale selling the car to her and registered it in her name to keep me from selling it. I am very thankful for my wife and to this day she will NOT let me sell this car.

Give your wife a hug from a whole bunch of us. Even though Glo calls my Dart, "the money pit", she still supports it knowing things will be getting tighter when she retires next month. Today she mentiond have to get the carpet and headliner replaced. They just like "having something on us" so we kinda sorta hang our heads a little and "yes dear" some and everything's cool. Flowers are good too but jewelry is better lol.

My wife is the one who looks for all the car shows in town. She had no reservations about me putting new tires on the 'cuda. Loves to go cruisin' and points out more Mopars when we do cruise. Never had to hide anything in our 33 years of marriage. Gotta love her!

That's why when I posted this thread I used the :-D smiley!!!! I do not usually hide ANYTHING from her, but I kind of wanted to surprise her with the floor shifter in the car.. She wants me to get a new pair of bucket seats for the car next. She is cool with it. Got to love the women who support the love of Mopar men like us!!!!:love7::love7::love7:

AWESOME.

I am happy to hear you got your shifter finally and that avispa didnt bone you out of it.

I lucked out and my old lady encourages me to get work done on the duster and to get parts that are need (she just wants to drive it though lol) purples her favorite color

That's why when I posted this thread I used the :-D smiley!!!! I do not usually hide ANYTHING from her, but I kind of wanted to surprise her with the floor shifter in the car.. She wants me to get a new pair of bucket seats for the car next. She is cool with it. Got to love the women who support the love of Mopar men like us!!!!:love7::love7::love7:

Glad to hear that. A guy I used to be friends with years ago used to hide a lot from his wife. Well, they're not married anymore. She has her own business and he found someone else. I got fed up with his bs and never bothered with him years before they split up.

Not all married guys have to hide our stash. If it was not for my wife my car would have never happened......

Amen to that! My wife has to tell me to buy parts for the car. "get what you need.' She tells me. She even found a mirror I was looking for at Carlisle last year, she was out in the swapmeet area with one of the other wifes and I got a phone call, "Come to this row this space, I found your mirror".

Damn if she didn't! I love my wife! :love7:

You married guys actually have to hide ur parts from the wifey? Why?? HMMM...I guess something a younggun doesn't understand yet. lol

You better be hidein' your parts until your dads gal-pal is gone, thay may all end up at the pawn shop when she leaves ;)

I don't lie to anyone, Just something ells I would have to remember :drinkers:
We have some fine ladies putting up with us :toothy7:

Sounds like you need a parts building maniac... I have a 3-story parts building that I'm almost scared to go into, theres so much stuff in there it would be impossible to tell new parts from old...

-
Back