Wife is going into surgery

-
this is great to hear that the outlook for the future is much brighter thanks to all the prayers. Will continue to pray for you and keep us posted, Joe

Well, we had a bit of setback. Although my wife's cancer was diagnosed as Stage 1, her doctor says that the massive size of her tumor puts her in a much higher risk category. They are starting chemo tomorrow. My wife is so depressed about losing her hair. I'm trying to convince her that her life is far more important but I know she's not thinking about that. I'll be with her tomorrow for her first five-hour chemo infusion session.

Sorry to hear that. My wife was a 1B also, and now after surgery, there hinting at chemo as well. We'll find out on the 29th. Good Luck to you and your wife that the treatments are sucessful. Prayers sent from both of us,

Rick & Linda

My wifes older sister went thru it a few years back. All the sisters and a few friends gave her a wig party after she lost her hair most of them where gag wigs like the kind from spencers, but it really lifted her spirits.

Prayers sent for full recovery.

Sorry to hear that. My wife was a 1B also, and now after surgery, there hinting at chemo as well. We'll find out on the 29th. Good Luck to you and your wife that the treatments are sucessful. Prayers sent from both of us,

Rick & Linda

Aw Rick, I hope and pray for the very best for you and Linda. My wife will be fine, I just need to get her through the next three months.

Jeff

my neighbor and great friend had stage 3B and had to have both breast removed and take treatments in Bham for 18 mo. She had beautiful long dark curly hair so I bought her a wig and had it cut and fixed to match what she had. It made it easier for her but she finally just accepted it because wig was too hot. It has been 3 1/2 years and she is doing great now. Prayers going out to you and yours for a full recovery, Joe

Well, we had a bit of setback. Although my wife's cancer was diagnosed as Stage 1, her doctor says that the massive size of her tumor puts her in a much higher risk category. They are starting chemo tomorrow. My wife is so depressed about losing her hair. I'm trying to convince her that her life is far more important but I know she's not thinking about that. I'll be with her tomorrow for her first five-hour chemo infusion session.

Lose yours, too. Seriously, take the clippers and go to town. You see the baseball teams put on their rally caps? Put your's on.

Sarah was depressed about losing her's too, after it had to be shaved for the shunts and the biopsy when we first found the tumor.

Take her out, if you can afford it, and do something "girly" for her. Nails, spa treatment, whatever.

Our neighbor did Sarah's nails to try boost her morale a bit. It helped. Not so much the nails themselves, but sitting at the desk and having fun doing 'em, being able to talk and be silly, just doing "girl" things.

Sarah wanted a hat. The Superman hat she's wearing in my avatar pic, as a matter of fact. She wanted to put the logo on and feel bulletproof, indestructible. I have one, too, I bought as a joke towards one of the shops I used to work in. She wanted to match her Superman.

Dig deep, bud. You'll get her through this. And we're here to help you get through it, too.

Robert - LoL - You are right on. My wife did catch me in the bathroom late the other night starting to cut it all off but she got really mad. I got as far as the beard. Now she's demanding I grow it back. I will take her out - that's a great idea. And she's already on the nail thing - every three weeks like clockwork. She loves her nails. I did joke with her that I would get a wig also - I've pretty much needed one for years now.

Thanks for being there.
Jeff

Lose yours, too. Seriously, take the clippers and go to town. You see the baseball teams put on their rally caps? Put your's on.

Sarah was depressed about losing her's too, after it had to be shaved for the shunts and the biopsy when we first found the tumor.

Take her out, if you can afford it, and do something "girly" for her. Nails, spa treatment, whatever.

Our neighbor did Sarah's nails to try boost her morale a bit. It helped. Not so much the nails themselves, but sitting at the desk and having fun doing 'em, being able to talk and be silly, just doing "girl" things.

Sarah wanted a hat. The Superman hat she's wearing in my avatar pic, as a matter of fact. She wanted to put the logo on and feel bulletproof, indestructible. I have one, too, I bought as a joke towards one of the shops I used to work in. She wanted to match her Superman.

Dig deep, bud. You'll get her through this. And we're here to help you get through it, too.

My wife is minutes away from completing her last chemo infusion. She is to date cancer free! Thank you so much all of you for your prayers - they have been answered.

Congratulations!! When she feels like eating you should have a celebration dinner with just the two of you!!

Funny that you would suggest that. Last Friday we celebrated our 33rd anniversary. Up until her surgery, she such a weak appetite that I used to kid that she ate like a bird. Now that the near football size tumor has been removed, she has had an appetite like a football player!

Congratulations!! When she feels like eating you should have a celebration dinner with just the two of you!!

-
Back