wife sees mouse, freaks out

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
No one wants to see a mouse in the house, but a mouse in the oven? It was sitting on the broiler pan when she opened it up this morning. We have heard something at night in the floors and our dog goes bananas pawing at the floor but never seen it. Wife complained of a smell, like a urine odor when the oven is on. Well, we seen it all right.... :-( now I have to seal up the back of the oven and figure out how to seal the side of the dishwasher that has a small space that opens to the 4" gap under the flagstone floor. Nice day off, honey! No poisons as we have a dog and a 3 year old, maybe small traps behind the oven and other places the dog sniffs..breed of dog: Rat Terrier...? I have had a trap in the attic for years and it still has peanut butter on it and has not sprung so its not made its way to attic. But we have a critter on our roof every night, we hear it climb the fence and then hop onto the roof. Must be a coon as it sounds more 'scratchy' than a cat...F'n nature!

If you completely seal up the back of the oven it won't be able to get enough oxygen to light the burners, unless it's electric.??

treblig

Several years ago I had some getting in behind the stove. That wall backs up against the garage and they had chewed a path through next to the power outlet. I have a rancher with connected garage open to above the house. Every year when it gets cold, they get in and scratch around in the attic. I set traps and typically catch 4-5 and usually that is the end of it.
I set traps about a week ago. Caught 2 and did not get around to picking them up till the next day. They were gone -trap and all. :wtf:Probably still in the garage, but I don't see them. Don't know if another mouse would take them, or maybe a rat? Today I set 3 more mouse traps and a rat trap....:mob:

Several years ago I had some getting in behind the stove. That wall backs up against the garage and they had chewed a path through next to the power outlet. I have a rancher with connected garage open to above the house. Every year when it gets cold, they get in and scratch around in the attic. I set traps and typically catch 4-5 and usually that is the end of it.
I set traps about a week ago. Caught 2 and did not get around to picking them up till the next day. They were gone -trap and all. :wtf:Probably still in the garage, but I don't see them. Don't know if another mouse would take them, or maybe a rat? Today I set 3 more mouse traps and a rat trap....:mob:

Most mice can be cannibals, good recyclers......
Have a few in garage when cold. They steal dog food out of bowls and store it in framerail
of my 65 dart project. Vacuumed out bout half a bag of food.......time to set traps again.

Last edited:
Most mice can be cannibals, good recyclers......
Have a few in garage when cold. They steal dog food out of bowls and store it in framerail
of my 65 dart project. Vacuumed out bout have a bag of food.......time to set traps again.
After I dealt with the stove that time I found they were pack ratting in the back wall of the garage near the trash can. Its open frame, but they had gotten between the outer board and brick face. Had drug all kinds of trash in. mostly plastic grocery bags. But one section had a bunch of chicken bones. I cleaned out what I could and 'plated' the bottom of the wall covering the holes with 2x 8's.

No one wants to see a mouse in the house, but a mouse in the oven? It was sitting on the broiler pan when she opened it up this morning. We have heard something at night in the floors and our dog goes bananas pawing at the floor but never seen it. Wife complained of a smell, like a urine odor when the oven is on. Well, we seen it all right.... :-( now I have to seal up the back of the oven and figure out how to seal the side of the dishwasher that has a small space that opens to the 4" gap under the flagstone floor. Nice day off, honey! No poisons as we have a dog and a 3 year old, maybe small traps behind the oven and other places the dog sniffs..breed of dog: Rat Terrier...? I have had a trap in the attic for years and it still has peanut butter on it and has not sprung so its not made its way to attic. But we have a critter on our roof every night, we hear it climb the fence and then hop onto the roof. Must be a coon as it sounds more 'scratchy' than a cat...F'n nature!
You have to give them credit for knowing where it's warm.

best bait I have found - tie 1/2 a peanut to the trap with dental floss, then smear with peanut butter - sooner or later their teeth get caught and bang!

Frickin' critters! I think a bat is hibernating in the bedroom wall. Every now and then he will wake up and flutter his wings. We usually get one or two in the house in August. They are protected and you are supposed to catch them and let them go. Sometimes they don't make it through the "catching".

best bait I have found - tie 1/2 a peanut to the trap with dental floss, then smear with peanut butter - sooner or later their teeth get caught and bang!
That's a good one.

I just take a five gallon bucket. Peanut butter cracker inside and a small
Board for them to walk up and jump in the bucket.
They jump in but can't jump out. And they really can't swim.
I've tried for years to teach them.

my exterminator friend poisoned all the toilets in a warehouse and found 15 dead rats the following monday. Not legal but it got the job done. Im not that bad off.

We had a mouse infestation at our hunting camp in Clio Al. Got to where the traps were snapping 2-3 times a night. What we found worked the best for bate was red beans, we would kinda smash a bean into the bait cradle. A can would last a whole season.

Frickin' critters! I think a bat is hibernating in the bedroom wall. Every now and then he will wake up and flutter his wings. We usually get one or two in the house in August. They are protected and you are supposed to catch them and let them go. Sometimes they don't make it through the "catching".
Bats are protected??? There are zillions of them.

Bats are protected??? There are zillions of them.
Yes, I call Bull SHHT but that's what the law says. So arrest me! LOL
People also ask

"Is it against the law to kill a bat in Iowa?
Remember, it is illegal to kill bats, as most are state protected and some federally protected. It is also illegal to use any type of poisons or chemicals for bats. Bat exclusion measures should not be performed from mid-May through early-August, as there may be young bats in the colony that are still unable to fly."

Yes, I call Bull SHHT but that's what the law says. So arrest me! LOL
People also ask

"Is it against the law to kill a bat in Iowa?
Remember, it is illegal to kill bats, as most are state protected and some federally protected. It is also illegal to use any type of poisons or chemicals for bats. Bat exclusion measures should not be performed from mid-May through early-August, as there may be young bats in the colony that are still unable to fly."

Since it is obviously illegal to kill the bat as a human, but not illegal for another bat to kill a bat (that's nature, right?) then use a baseball bat on the bat.

You're welcome.

Signed, Dingbat

Since it is obviously illegal to kill the bat as a human, but not illegal for another bat to kill a bat (that's nature, right?) then use a baseball bat on the bat.

You're welcome.

Signed, Dingbat
:rofl::rofl::rofl: We use a net but sometimes they run into it and fall to the floor. I feel bad!

Shame you live so far away, I got a psycho killer cat that could come for a visit.
Nothing escapes him.

We had a fish I g cabin in Northernmost Wisconsin (actually a cinder block tent) we used to wait until late at night and shoot them with pellet pistols and a flashlight.

Quite fun actually!

No women went fishing with us!

YEARS AGO SOMEONE TOLD ME HAVE A RADIO IN THE SHOP TURN THE BASE UP HIGH AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE RATS MICE OR BATS WE TRIED IT AND IT WORKS WE HAVE NO PROBLEM TOLD SOMEONE THE SAID YOUR FULL OF $HIT BUT I TRY IT, IT WORKED

well, I got one of them in the garage, it licked the cocked rat trap clean of peanut butter but the little mouse trap i put in the chest of drawers must have scared him to death because it was laying next to the sprung trap with no visible trauma. I grabbed him with some long reach tongs (like what they use to pick up trash) and tossed him over the fence where he came from the neighbors orchard... 4 seconds later I hear his dogs going ape **** :lol: One down....and one to go. I set up an infra red IP cam under my house and sure enough, 5 seconds after lighting it up, I see some eyes and then a rat run across a pipe, That little rat bastard is gonna get a roadblock on his pipe this afternoon in the shape of a big trap.
ratt.jpg

I showed my neighbor this and he said he looked online for a night vision scope for his BB pistol. I asked him to show me what he's packin' and he brings out the little PPK looking gas operated pea shooter that couldnt hit a dinner plate at 40 feet. I chuckled and then brought out my Black Ops 1400 FPS 4X scoped BB/.177 10 pump Pellet plinker and handed it to him. Here you go, clean house! He was excited to start a new offensive as his Rats must be from NIMH as they have evaded every trap/poison/barrier that he has put up.

Last edited:
Found a mouse nest in the trunk of the car. Contained a momma mouse and 4 babies. Not sure how they got there.
Removed momma mouse and babies alive and intact per daughters request. Later while driving in the car:
Daughter: So we've been driving around with mice in the car?
Me: Yes. I'd say for at least a week.
Daughter: Cool!
Wife: cringes and shudders
Daughter: Did you find the daddy mouse?
Me: No. Didn't see him.
Daughter: So he's still in the car?
Me: Yes probably so.
Wife: Cringes even more and says "yuck".
Me: waits a few seconds then points to the floorboard near my wife's feet; "THERE HE IS"!!!
Wife screams and puts her feet on the dash.

yeah it was worth it.

-
Back