Wife went out and bought me a present

-

Syleng1

Karma is real and Life is short...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Yesterday the wife said she bought me something. I pressed and she said it was being delivered today. Because I was working she sent me a photo around 10:00am sitting in the driveway. I was 2 hours away and could not come home to play.
Scag Freedom z with the 52” deck.
It’s an entry level commercial mower but better than my 21” toro push mower machine. Brand spanking new from a dealer. 0.2 hours on the clock.
Typically the grass takes me about 2 hrs with the push machine. Today- 1/2 hour and I’m learning how to use it. My wife is awesome!
742486485.jpeg

Nice, your next gift will be a gym membership to replace the 1 1/2 hrs of exercise you're missing out on.
It's a win win , you'll also have an extra 1 1/2 hrs for your honey do's. lol

That's badass. I had a really close friend who is no longer with us GIVE me a Toro zero turn years ago. Well, his friend was giving it away and he made sure it went to me. It's an older one, but it's run well for about 10 seasons now with minimal maintenance. I hated it for a while, because I had to finally get used to the zero turn. But it does cut really fast. I think now though, the right side transmission is going out on it. I serviced them both not long ago and it's started making noise and is weak backing up on that side again. Oh well. lol

Yours is really nice, though. Maybe I'll get a new one one of these days. I still have my trusty Troy Bilt lawn tractor though.

I’ve got a good wife. We already have gym memberships and play softball and as mid 50’s for both of us, any place we can save time is where it is at. I’d been looking at them at the dealers and watched a ton of videos about them and reviews. She decided to buy it because I would not spend the money on one for our lawn. This thing is fast and fun. I cut a section of my lawn I typically do with the 5’mower on my farm tractor.
It was 18” high and this took it down like it was nothing.
Yea! I’ve got an awesome wife. She got a bonus at work and did not tell me about it so she could buy the mower.

thats awesome

id be jalues if it wasnt for the fact that this year my boy has been old enough to mow the lawn, so our old riding mower (which is older then he is) will do just fine

Funny thing is, we're putting our bonuses aside for a new car for the wife because she loved her old charger but isn't a fan of the newer one I bought her a few years ago

So when the boy gets his license, he'll get the charger and we'll buy her a new mommy car...something between the charger and a mini van

That's awesome! Just be careful on sloping areas if you have any. Those things have a mind of their own in places like that.
So true, they have a mind of there own on side hills, I ordered ATV steer tires and put on mine the first day.

Funny story, I was mowing the steep up-hill from the out-house on my wife's farm, my son about 10 years old was sitting on the picnic table about 50 ft from me.
I stalled the mower out going up hill from the out-house, zero turns have no brakes or steering with the engine not running, so back down straight towards the out-house I go, thank god the mower stopped right in front of the door.
My son is laughing his *** off, thought it was funny dad almost ended up in the out-house.

....zero turns have no brakes or steering with the engine not running,
Say what? Is this universal, or just for one particular brand or manufacturer?

We've been looking at them on & off for a year or so, to replace our J.D. lawn/garden tractor, but this would be a deal breaker for us.

(Edit: Now that I think about it, since the steering is hydraulic, I guess this makes sense. But the brakes?)

Say what? Is this universal, or just for one particular brand or manufacturer?

We've been looking at them on & off for a year or so, to replace our J.D. lawn/garden tractor, but this would be a deal breaker for us.

(Edit: Now that I think about it, since the steering is hydraulic, I guess this makes sense. But the brakes?)
On my Toro Titan when the engine is not running the hydraulic trans axles are locked up. If I lose power while cutting this beast will not move. In order to push it around the garage there are spring leavers that have to be un-latched to free up the axles. Go out and try pushing your Scag without starting and you will see what I mean.

-
Back