will 1965 barracuda seat tracks fit 1965 valiant buckets?

-

Red0058

Reaction score
Dear seat gurus. We are doing the 1965 Barracuda part out. A lady has inquired needing seat tracks for her 1965 valiant buckets. What you guys got? will they fit?

The tracks should be identical.
That is, as long as they are bucket seat tracks and not bench seat tracks.

the barracuda seat tracks are most certainly bucket seat tracks. i am going to ask her to post pics of her seat bottoms. they look like they have partial tracks. they dont look right.

IMG_1382.jpg
738624859.jpg

it looks like she has tracks but they are definately not the same. i will post ours

it looks like hers were modified with flat bar to use those tracks but her original frames may be a match...thats how it appears from the photos now that they are blown up rather than tiny images on a cell phone. Are you guys seeing the same thing?

Last edited:
The tan ones definitely aren't right. The red one is hard to tell, looks like they may have had some repairs done? Maybe it's just the angle...
Don't have any early A buckets at this time to compare them to, but here's a couple pics I pulled up to show what they should look like.
1716941415111.png
1716941458889.png

The tan ones definitely aren't right. The red one is hard to tell, looks like they may have had some repairs done? Maybe it's just the angle...
Don't have any early A buckets at this time to compare them to, but here's a couple pics I pulled up to show what they should look like.
View attachment 1716255663View attachment 1716255664
the red ones are factory original unmodified unrepaired from Will Irbys redtail hemi barracuda restomod before it was transformed into the redtail hemi. i bought them and am using them as an example. they look just like your example Professor in real life. it looks like the flat bars added to her seat bottoms span to the bolt holes the original tracks should be on hers and then the wrong tracks were added to those bars. would that make sense to you Professor based on her photos? the flat bars have the original phillips head mounting bolts in one end and then whatever hex head bolts fit where the original stud mount should be

it looks like the flat bars added to her seat bottoms span to the bolt holes the original tracks should be on hers and then the wrong tracks were added to those bars. would that make sense to you Professor based on her photos?
Yes, that's what it looks like from here.

-
Back