will 2008 manum srt-8 rims fit on our a-bodies???????????

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
i just came across a deal on a set of 20" srt-8 rim/tires. are they considered sbp or bbp? or would they even fit under my duster?

also came acroos a 67 charger that is a complete car minus engine and auto trans with title, and is a real 383 car for 1,500.00 with out seeing, would it potentially be a deal or do they not bring money? thanks

I think the SRT rims will be a metric bolt pattern ( 5 on 115mm?). I'm sure someone will correct me if I wrong...

also came acroos a 67 charger that is a complete car minus engine and auto trans with title, and is a real 383 car for 1,500.00 with out seeing, would it potentially be a deal or do they not bring money? thanks

Worth checking out, might be a real deal. Engines and trans can be bought pretty cheap.
Dallas

I'm pretty sure they'll fit but you would hub-centric need spacers on them because of the offset. I doubt the 20" would look that good on the a-body but it might be worth a try. With the right stance it could work.

HOLD IT!

The Bolt pattern will Physically fit over the BBP studs possibly with no resistance. but the BBP is 5x114.3mm and the srt8 is 5x115mm. That might not seem like much.. But think about how fast your wheels turn and the loads on them you don't want "close". I am sure that someone else will say something like "I run them and haven't had any problems" But from an engineering standpoint I wouldn't risk the safety or the damage that may occur. From a style point of view the design would look nice, but the 20" would look cartoonishly big. IMHO anything over 18 is too big (performance and looks both considered) and 17 is about perfect.

And that is a little high for no engine.. They are not hugely popular. as a matter of fact.. Most people don't know they exist.

The Bolt pattern will Physically fit over the BBP studs possibly with no resistance. but the BBP is 5x114.3mm and the srt8 is 5x115mm.

That's a great point. Depending on how large of adaptors you would need, you could always have the bolt pattern changed in the adaptor so this is not an issue. Just some thoughts. I'd be interested in seeing the SRT-8 20's on an A-body just to see...

They should have 5.5" of backspace if the info I got is correct.. Which means they should fit without spacers...
But you need the adapters (1" approx) so it would be too wide I think. And they would still be 20"s.

You might try the caliber srt4 wheels... Here is a quote I found on another forum.
bolt pattern = 5/114.3 (4.5")
Wheel = 19x7.5
Offset = 1.65" or 42mm
Backspace = 6.15" or 156.2mm

This could be off, as I measured them by hand. It is close.

So you might need spacers.. But the pattern is correct. and they look almost identical. Just slightly smaller.

thank you. i think they would look killer on a duster

You might try the caliber srt4 wheels...

I think these would look good on an A-Body...
2008dodgecalibersrt4hpanlefthill01fixedbettersmall_edited-1.jpg

HOLD IT!

The Bolt pattern will Physically fit over the BBP studs possibly with no resistance. but the BBP is 5x114.3mm and the srt8 is 5x115mm. That might not seem like much.. But think about how fast your wheels turn and the loads on them you don't want "close". I am sure that someone else will say something like "I run them and haven't had any problems" But from an engineering standpoint I wouldn't risk the safety or the damage that may occur. From a style point of view the design would look nice, but the 20" would look cartoonishly big. IMHO anything over 18 is too big (performance and looks both considered) and 17 is about perfect.

And that is a little high for no engine.. They are not hugely popular. as a matter of fact.. Most people don't know they exist.

See post #8... Wrong bolt pattern. But They would look cool if they would fit.

I've physically measured (2) different late model LX steel wheels and both came back with a 4.5" bolt pattern (or 114.3mm). I posted pictures in a thread showing how the 115mm gauge did not fit the wheel but the 114.3mm guage did. I also looked at part numbers for RWD hubs off LX cars, and all of them used the same hub, including the SRT8's. In addition, the parts counter interchange manual shows the LX bolt pattern as 5x4.5.

I think the 115mm pattern is a mistake, one that's been hanging on for some time.

Can't say that I think the 20" wheels would look good on a A-Body, though.

-
Back