Will 68-74 armrest pads & bases work in a 67?

-

gdonovan

Reaction score
Been looking for 67 Stuff for a Dart, just cheaper to replace with 68+ hardware.

Is the only major difference the mounting screw for the pad?

There is another difference.. The 67 doors have a rectangle opening for a special fasteber that catch the screws through the base at an angle. 68 up doors have drilled holes in the sheet metal.
This difference may cause the later bases to tighten up to the door higher or lower than the 67 did.
If rear armrest bases are part of your plan and your 67 didn't come off the line with those, Y ou will find the rextangle holes in the metal but no clips installed. That's all I can offer. Hope it helps

There is another difference.. The 67 doors have a rectangle opening for a special fasteber that catch the screws through the base at an angle. 68 up doors have drilled holes in the sheet metal.
This difference may cause the later bases to tighten up to the door higher or lower than the 67 did.
If rear armrest bases are part of your plan and your 67 didn't come off the line with those, Y ou will find the rextangle holes in the metal but no clips installed. That's all I can offer. Hope it helps

My 67 has rear armrests, I was just going to replace everything front and rear with newer hardware.

I was thinking that the 67 arm rests where another one yar thing. I was thinking they were either longer or shorter(can't remeber)than 68 and up.

My 67 has rear armrests, I was just going to replace everything front and rear with newer hardware.
then yeah they will bolt in but may strike a different footprint in the panel.

-
Back