Will 68 and 69 bench seat covers work on 73 and up bench seat?

-

mopower76

Reaction score
I am wanting to find out if anyone knows if the basic frame dimensions of the 1968 and 1969 dodge dart front bench seat frames are the same on a 1973 1974 front bench seat?
I know there are button placement differences and head rest differences but my bench seat has the removable head rests and I know there is interchangeability with multiple year bucket seats but never tried different year bench seat covers on a 73 and up.
Basically I would like to put a set of 1968 style bench seat covers front and rear on my 1974 dodge dart sport.
Again as in my other postings this car is being built as cheap as possible but I would like it to look as nice as possible. There are a few sets of 68 and 69 bench seat cover sets for sale that I would love to be able to buy for the dart sport.
The factory interior color is light parchment and a legendary parchment bench seat set is NOS and I believe over $1000 for the front bench seat alone.
Again I’m trying to stretch my limited budget as far as I can when it comes to new parts/materials and would settle for a different color as long as they would work on my existing seat frames.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks In advance!

-
Back