will Air gap RPM manifold fit ???

-

68DartGTS340

Reaction score
Hi all....was wondering if someone can confirm one way or another if the Air Gap RPM manifold will fit under a stock hood with the original air cleaner assembly???

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Happy holiday's to all.

Ken

Can we get a clue what you're workin on?

What car?
What hood?
What year?

Where not mind readers!

When I measured my 69 Barracuda I had a little over an inch to spare from the top of the air cleaner to the hood running the Eddy performer and Eddy carb. I put the Air Gap and the performer side by side and the Air gap is 1 inch taller. So simply put a large ball of Play Do (like I did) on top of your air cleaner and close the hood (carefully) then see how tall the Play Do comes out after closing the hood on it. You didn't say what kind of intake (or air cleaner) or carb spacer you're running??

Treblig

I have an Air Gap and Holley 750 DP under the stock hood of my 71 Dart. Had to use a drop base air cleaner though.

Fits under the stock hood of my 68 Cuda and I even have a 1" spacer under the Holley 750. I have a K&N drop base air cleaner though. A stock air cleaner probably won't work

I think it's different for some cars. I have a 73 swinger and was told I'll be fine. I ended up not being able to run a spacer and it still sits to close for comfort for my liking. Get a drop base and you should be ok with no spacer. Also if you are a Eddie carb then you have to get a banjo fitting for the fuel line to run a drop base.

not to hijack this thread but i have a 68 barracuda with a air gap manifold with a 600 eddie carb on a 340 with the original 340 4 barrel air cleaner sounds like i will have problems?

will putting a drop base on the original air cleaner work?
or lower air filter?

any info will be appreciated. thanks and happy holidays bruce

I think it's different for some cars. I have a 73 swinger and was told I'll be fine. I ended up not being able to run a spacer and it still sits to close for comfort for my liking. Get a drop base and you should be ok with no spacer. Also if you are a Eddie carb then you have to get a banjo fitting for the fuel line to run a drop base.

Where do u get a drop base air cleaner ...also I'm running a eddy carb as well so where do I get the fitting that would drop the fuel line

I am an idiot for the record...LOL

So sorry....
68 Dart stock GTS hood....
I just saw some specs on manifold heights and it looks like the carb height is the same 5.35 on the stock cast iron 2531915 and Air Gap.

Thanks

Thanks all for your input and expertise.
I want to run the original a/c so here is another question....
how about the stock cast iron manifold (915) with a 1" spacer on my 68 dart 340 with stock GTS hood. only adding 1"...of course that should be easy to check without damaging anything too.

Thanks again and happy holidays to all...

The factory 4bbl. You have is the second best next to the TQ intakes. The factory intakes are no slouch's. The RPM is worth a fair amount of power. How much depends on your build. So if I said it was worth 20hp, I could be 50hp off of the bud was getting serious.

This is a little beyond there useage and intended range, but.....
Stock intakes have powered cars into the 12's. FAST cars run low 11's.
You'll find more of a E.T. Gain at the light than you will with an extra 50HP up top. You can do more with less of the car can hook and book. Read sig below...

-
Back