Will anything fit an Abody?

-

eestatic

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to intervene to save a '66 Belvedere from the scrap yard.

My car is a 65 Barracuda

Curious if anything will fit an Abody

It is a non running /6 3sp column, 4 door , not 100% sure, but think it has small rearend (I thought LBP on wheels?),relatively straight car..iirc

Any merits here?

The rear end in the b body is wider than the a body and won't interchange. the same with other parts.

The rear end in the b body is wider than the a body and won't interchange. the same with other parts.

Unless you spend the money to cut it down of course. Otherwise, I believe the motor is the only thing interchangeable. Maybe the lug nuts too lol

Unless you spend the money to cut it down of course. Otherwise, I believe the motor is the only thing interchangeable. Maybe the lug nuts too lol

Doesnt need to be cut down you just need to get wheels with a different backspace to compensate for the extra width

You need to move spring perches in 1/2" on each side and change back spacing,
I have 8.75 out of a 69 coronet, in my 66 valiant

I have an opportunity to intervene to save a '66 Belvedere from the scrap yard.

My car is a 65 Barracuda

Curious if anything will fit an Abody

It is a non running /6 3sp column, 4 door , not 100% sure, but think it has small rearend (I thought LBP on wheels?),relatively straight car..iirc

Any merits here?

Dash light sockets & Bulbs......

A lot of people have simply pulled the springs to the perches rather than cut and weld.
Might shorten the life of spring front eye bushings to some degree but...
The wear is there is always inward. Well worn parts pulled outward opens the gap doubling the loosness. Brand new parts with springs pulled outward might actually wear more evenly.

Someone here may want the front spring hangers from the B-body.

I have 65 A & C bodies. Quite a few parts interchange, especially trim like door handles, interior lamp, switches, engine, and tranny. Even in one body size, they differ considerably between 2 vs 4 dr, auto vs manual, slant vs SB vs BB, AC vs non.

I have a B body rear in my A body, stock wheels too.

The B-body diff in a Duster/Dart Sport/Demon body is one thing, you can get a 10.5 tire in the stock wheelwell without much problem.

However, just getting a 9" stocker tire under an early A-body, even with the A-body 8 3/4 with the 1 3/4" brakes is a beast.

If the Belve is a "too good to pass up" thing buy it and flip it. They're popular cars, as 2 doors.......

I know, it's a 67, it's just an example

Attachments

• Mopars at the Motorplex 036.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 248
-
Back