Will I ever get this package??

-

DC 340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I ordered some parts from a California company some 10 days ago to be delivered to me in Virginia. Here's the UPS tracking info:

8/5/24 - Shipped from Aneheim CA
8/8/24 - Arrived in Hodgkins IL
8/10/24 - Arrived in Roanoke VA
8/13/24 - In Salem Oregon (sortation delay)
8/13/24 - In Portland Oregon (operating conditions delay)

Damn, 10 days since I ordered and it is still on the west coast. I somehow don't think this package will ever be delivered to me. For your entertainment. : )

I had a similar tracking experience. Seemed weird and then it showed up. Give it a bit more time. Funny some stuff arrives fast and others....not so fast.

I think everyone here has gone thru these shipping experiences themselves.
Recently had "issues" with the USPS in shipping problems.
Ordered an item from a firm in Utah, and I'm here in Commiefornia.
Package went to Maine, then to Virginia, then South Carolina, then back to Utah, then finally, to me, here in Commiefornia.
Took the scenic trip around the USA, that's for certain.

Last edited:
My daughter lives in Kansas and she sent us a Christmas card and I got it 5 months later

I’ve had several USPS employees tell me that the guy running it has done everything in his power to slow things down . Said he done things that are just plain ridiculous! For some reason he can’t be fired .

I’ve got one that’s been traveling around for the last week and I’m not sure when it’s going to be arriving. USPS sent it to the wrong sorting station and then turned around and sent it back to the other one it came from.
I think it’s finally at least in the vicinity somewhere maybe a day or so away

Last edited:
Amateurs.. :lol: I had a package from Canada disappear... Three years later it was delivered...

Yes, Had a friend order a part. He lives in SC and the part was in NC. Took the scenic route across the US to arrive 2 weeks later. He could follow it all over the country with the tracking number. Part was only 2 or 3 hours away.

Mine travelled the same loop in California for 6 weeks until it was kicked out of the spin cycle.....Got here 6 days after that.

I ordered some LEDs from Georgia. About 7 hours from me. Guy gave me option of UPS or USPS but said he does not recommend USPS. So I paid a couple bucks more for UPS. Was to be here in 2 days.

Nope...went into a do loop making rounds in Georgia. Touched into Florida then went back to Georgia then to one of the Carolinas then finally headed back to Florida.

I called the company, he looked into it and said someone on the dock hit the wrong button and sent it USPS. Offered to send me a new shipment. By then, the box had made a lap in Florida to see the palm trees.

Box ended up making it after about 10 days. With a lot of miles on it!

And yet the postal rates need to go up because the service is losing money.
I've had a couple packages go on tours far and wide as well

I sent a package to @4spdragtop a couple years back. Took for ever. Refunded him .Then more time goes by and he gets it. Post marked in Germany ! But it finally arrived.

A book of 20 stamps is $14.60. And the mailman delivery time is never the same. We used to get other people's mail until I went directly to the post office and made a complaint, the money these people make they should be able to read accurately.

You should see the routing when sending to Canada. Apparently there are only a few international depots. I have had parcels that were just across the border sent to California first.

I’ve had several USPS employees tell me that the guy running it has done everything in his power to slow things down . Said he done things that are just plain ridiculous! For some reason he can’t be fired .
Louis Dejoy. He was nominated by Trump, confirmed by the USPS board of directors, all also appointed by Trump. Turns out he also is a massive stockholder in a company called XPO.
Want to guess what XPO does? They're a subcontractor for the USPS. Dejoy has been diverting a **** ton more work their way and they can't handle it.
Dejoy wins, and you loose.
I don't understand why, but the President of the United States does not have the authority to remove a Postmaster General.

I agree, Trump nominated some terrible people
Nice try @gunbunny but once again your hatred for one man over-shadowed your intelligence

Name Title Political party Nominating president Dates in office
Donald L. Moak Governor Democratic Donald Trump June 18, 2020 – December 8, 20230
William D. Zollars Governor Republican Donald Trump June 18, 2020 – December 8, 2023
Ron A. Bloom Chairman Democratic Donald Trump August 20, 2019 – December 8, 2021
John McLeod Barger Governor Democratic Donald Trump August 1, 2019 – December 8, 2021
David C. Williams Vice Chairman Independent Donald Trump October 30, 2017[36] – April 30, 2020
I have no clue what all that means ?????

Louis Dejoy. He was nominated by Trump, confirmed by the USPS board of directors, all also appointed by Trump. Turns out he also is a massive stockholder in a company called XPO.
Want to guess what XPO does? They're a subcontractor for the USPS. Dejoy has been diverting a **** ton more work their way and they can't handle it.
Dejoy wins, and you loose.
I don't understand why, but the President of the United States does not have the authority to remove a Postmaster General.
At one time the post office had a no lay off clause in their contracts.

Fed Ex is worse than both in my opinion.
But when you take into consideration the logistics of moving millions of packages anywhere in the world they are all pretty amazing !

My best experience with shipping was always FedEx. UPS wasn't bad. The worst I have experienced was opting for free shipping for something I bought only to find out that meant DHL. DHL was really slow and they would only bring my item to a USPS distribution center so I could wait on another slow shipping service. Both DHL and USPS tracking has been practically useless in my experience.
But, I just recently heard that our local FedEx Express Shipping Center is being shut down and will be lumped in with FedEx Ground.
My Mom mailed a Thank You card with an enclosed check from Conover, NC to her cousin 53 miles away in Fort Mill, SC. We were a little concerned when it didn't show up until 4 days later. Letters usually arrive next day.

Last edited:
I use the USPS a lot,,,,but it’s a racket !

Some are purposely being routed wrong,,,,,some packages go a few states out if the way .
Uses more fuel,,,,uses more labor,,,,,uses more equipment .
I know it’s on purpose,,,,because the label will be perfect,,,,,bar codes are perfect,,,,,,machines are not at fault .

Then,,,,,the leaders can say before Congress,,,,,,we are losing money ,,,,we must raise rates again!
Not all of them,,,,but the leaders,,,,,most postal workers are great !

The only problem I usually have is anything that comes from out West,,,,,has to go through Memphis .
That will usually add 3-4 days to it,,,,,honest .
It will get to the Memphis terminal quickly,,,,,,and then just sit .
It’s getting to be that way from Nashville too on some occasions,,,but you can depend on it being delayed from Memphis .

All the other shipping companies usually do fine,,,,,just the postal service here ,,,,lol .

Tommy

In defense of the Postal Service no other delivery company stops at every single address in the nation 5 days per week or will send a letter for you for $1.25 .

The USPS helped make our country successful by providing communication for every citizen in the country . It wasn’t designed to make money . It was designed to make ourr society more competitive than any other country .

Same goes for public schools .

I learned a little yesterday visiting my local UPS hub. Just because the tracking info says my package landed in Roanoke VA (within 15 miles or so of my house) 5 days ago doesn't mean it was actually here. There are apparently physical scans (the real deal), logical and derived scans (meaning they are not necessarily real). My package "really" made it from Aneheim CA to Chicago but then went back to Oregon.

I also learned tracking numbers can be reused. As was mine. The prior use of my tracking number was delivered in Washington state. I hope that has nothing to do with where my package is now. : ) I am waiting for the next update...

Fed Ex is worse than both in my opinion.
But when you take into consideration the logistics of moving millions of packages anywhere in the world they are all pretty amazing !
I am sorry if you have had bad luck with Fed Ex. I used to use UPS a lot when I was selling a lot of parts. It got to the point where I would quote a shipping price based on looking at the UPS website, and then when I went to drop the package off at UPS, the cost was WAY more than online. Plus, one day I went to UPS to buy a medium sized box, and the clerk quoted me like $20. I questioned that price, and the clerk said that's what they cost. We are in the shipping business, not in the box selling business. So I was done with UPS. I have used Fed Ex for about 6 years or so. Service at the local Fed Ex place is always EXCELLENT, and the price is always what their website quotes. Plus. packages are always delivered on time and intact. I like Fed Ex. I am, again, sorry you have had problems with them.

I am sorry if you have had bad luck with Fed Ex. I used to use UPS a lot when I was selling a lot of parts. It got to the point where I would quote a shipping price based on looking at the UPS website, and then when I went to drop the package off at UPS, the cost was WAY more than online. Plus, one day I went to UPS to buy a medium sized box, and the clerk quoted me like $20. I questioned that price, and the clerk said that's what they cost. We are in the shipping business, not in the box selling business. So I was done with UPS. I have used Fed Ex for about 6 years or so. Service at the local Fed Ex place is always EXCELLENT, and the price is always what their website quotes. Plus. packages are always delivered on time and intact. I like Fed Ex. I am, again, sorry you have had problems with them.
Other than shipping my packages to the wrong address and constantly requiring me to be home to sign for them ( maybe because drivers drop them at wrong house ) and getting a major run around while trying to track said package I guess they are ok .

-
Back