Will the grant steering wheel adapter mash down more after its all on?

-

hoop

Reaction score
grant steering wheel adapter, do they mash down more after you get everthing on with the nut tighten down?

For grant signature series steering wheel on a 72 Dodge Dart, I have adapter #3314, is this the one I need for my car?

:burnout:

Attachments

• DSCN1564.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCN1563.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 155
Nobody's put a grant steering wheel on? Thear should be at lest one person to tell me if the crack geats smaller after its all the way tight!

that is how it is meant to fit. you dont notice it once its on the car. i have the same set up on my dart.

Once it's installed correctly I think you can loosen the steering column and pull it closer to the wheel adapter

I just installed a Grant 860 steering wheel on a 74 Dart but I bought a 3196 adapter.
I only have 1/16" gap where you are showing but I had all kinds of trouble getting the button on and making the horn work. I had to make a 3/16 inch spacer for the horn but everything works well now. I was cursing Grant for making a defective part but now that I look at this thread and did some more research it looks like I bought the wrong adapter :eek:ops:
It appears you have the correct adapter but I can't see why your gap is so much larger unless the small round spacer that goes under there is too long or didn't seat all the way.

-
Back