will this 8.75 fit?

-

xfakturx

Reaction score
I can pick up a 8.75 axle from a 67 cude and I was just wondering if I will need to do any work to it for it to fit in my 73 scamp? I know the driveshaft and u bolts will be diff but I'm more concerned with having to narrow it.

It should fit right in. I believe all A-body rears were the same width.

It might be a direct swap, IF, your scamp has drum brakes up front.

If you have Disc brakes, then the bolt patterns would be different if the rear is original small bolt pattern

Yea if you have large bolt pattern you will want to remove the axels and have them drilled for large bolt pattern or you could allways buy some c bodys and have them cut and resplined. Or you could go the new route.

yeah 73 started big bolt pattern so it will fit but you'll either need different axles if it is small bolt pattern still or 2 different sized wheels. the bolt patterns are 5x4.5 and 5x4.

the bigger b body cars had the bigger bolt pattern from the factory so when you swap to the large bolt pattern axles the brakes have to change too. you have to different options either 10" or 11" drum setups. Most of the stuff can be had at your local auto parts store. just tell them you need brakes for a 69 dodge charger and it has 10" drums.

i'm in the process now of doing the same thing so i've got all new brakes, spring kit, drums etc. and now just need the axles and backing plates.

should be fairly easy after the swap.

OR! if you really wanted to, you could forget everything i wrote above and just buy 2 small bolt pattern wheels for the back of the car and you'd be fine too!!

either way, good luck and have fun!

-
Back