Will this driveshaft fit in my Dart?

-

Golden Scamp

Reaction score
Looking at a 1970 driveshaft out of a Duster 340/727 car. I am in the process of rebuilding a 383/727 out of a 70 Fury to drop into a 68 Dart GT. This Dart is a Six car, so the driveshaft in it now is a no go. The shaft in the Fury would have to be shortened and balanced to work. Would this 70 Duster shaft slip right into the 727 I have and be the correct length to link up with the Dart's 8 3/4. Seems pretty simple, but don't know all of the technical data to be sure if this is going to work. Anything else I need find out before going ahead and getting this driveshaft and making my life alot easier?

The Duster and the '68 Dart have a different wheelbase, so no.
I would just shorten and balance the one out of the Fury if it's straight.

Ok. Different wheelbase. That's what I wanted to know. Not sure if six shaft will be compatible since it us a 7 1/4 904 and this needs to fit an 8 3/4 727. Just wasn't sure the cost of sizing the c body shaft vs the price for the duster one. Thanks for the help.

Duster shaft wont fit it will be 3 inches to short. The wheel base on the Darts and Scamps are three inches longer then then the Dusters, Demons and Dart Sports

Duster shaft wont fit it will be 3 inches to short. The wheel base on the Darts and Scamps are three inches longer then then the Dusters, Demons and Dart Sports

and the 67-69 barracuda's, no? i think they are 108 wheel base as well.

If interested, I have a driveshaft from a 70 swinger 340/727/8.75.

Should be the correct one for your combo.

Sounds like I can get my C-body shortened for relatively cheap, so I'm going that route. Measure twice and cut once...... If that goes wrong, I'll make you an offer.

-
Back