Will this work for me?

-

e50095

Reaction score
I found an 83 pickup in my local pick a part yard that has a slant 6 and a 4 speed. It's not the toploader type, so I assume it's not the one with the granny first gear. The tag under the hood says its an A833. The question is if I pick it up for a future project, will I eventually need to find a different tail shaft since it's in a truck, or will it bolt up okay for use in my 67 cuda?

thanks guys....

Ken in Pa.

It will bolt up to the bellhousing but the shifter mounting is in a different spot. the tailshaft is longer like a B-body or E body. You "can" use it if you make a plate that places the shifter in the proper position. Go to Bigblockdart.com. you will find a diagram on how to do it.

You sure it's not an OD? Is the 3/4 shift lever (front one) down rather than up?

It might not bolt up, either There were some different size bearing retainers over the years and for different setups

But you can work around the retainer. When I put the 340 in my old 70 sixpack RR body, I had the bell center hole on the 340 turned out to match the original 4 speed retainer.

-
Back