will this work

-

1970-dart

Reaction score
as most of you know i have been tangling with my holley 1920 carb and have rebuilt it with new float and all. Then the thing started leaking gas from the front on the carb at the base where the rod comes through it.

I have not wanted to spend the money on a new/er carb because i just came back from a 25 day vacation that took me to 7 states 21 cities and 5260 miles so the extra money was not there for a carb..

I have also tossed the idea of a small block in the car but you should be happy i have put that idea to rest and have been offered from a buddy a 1920 holley that all linkage matches and all looks the same except it does not have the vent tube in the front top like my current one does..

So will the carb with out the vent tube work on my car ??

Thanks in advance Don

Sure will, and probably better than the one that's there. Just make sure to track down the other end of the vent hose you will be removing and plug it.

There is no hose as its just a metal tube sticking out the carb and it's open to the air

I assume your vent tube is pretty large, like ones to a charcoal canister. I don't think those were on carbs of "49 state" cars in 1970, though maybe on CA cars. Sounds like your existing carb wasn't original and the new one is closer. I had bad luck with many Holley 1920 carbs until I finally found one that worked great, and proved all my idling problems were due to the carb all along. Several professional mechanics never figured that out, but did take my money.

-
Back