Wilwoods up Front!

-
its a direct fit, and its easy too. it bolts right up, but youll need to get large bolt pattern rims, either 4.5 or 4.75. those are the sizes pre drilled on the hub. check out my site, i covered my wilwood install on there

Yep, I went through this a few months back. Direct bolt on.

Make sure you get a) safety wire and b) some good brake hoses. Braided lines is what Wilwood recommends.

The place I bought mine from included the a Wilwood proportioning valve and brake hoses with the package... Free shipping, too. www.hotrodsusa.com.

sounds like a deal, i got mine from magnum force racing, but mikel sounds like he got a deal with the free p. valve and shipping, so id check that out first

Most of the bolts are pre-drilled for safety wire. What it does is prevents bolts from backing out... You don't want that happening on your brakes, especially since the rotors are two pieces. The bolts are all wired together, so if one starts to back itself out, the bolt next to it won't let it move since they're wired together.

safety1.gif

0210srm32%2017zoom.jpg

The part number of the kit I ordered is 140-2713.

witch one did u get
FDL FRONT DRAG MOPAR 61-72 MEDIUM DUTY FRONT DISC BRAKE KIT MOPAR 61-72 $569.95 [Add to Cart]

D-FDL FRONT DRAG MOPAR 61-72 DRILLED MEDIUM DUTY FRONT DISC BRAKE KIT MOPAR 61-72 $589.95 [Add to Cart]

FDL FRONT DRAG MOPAR-A 65-69 MEDIUM DUTY MOPAR A DRUM SPINDLE 65-69 * 70-72 10 DRUM $569.95 [Add to Cart]
Dynalite Drag Race Front Hub Kits Engineered for all cars weighing less than 2800 pounds, and rear drum brake equipped

i didnt use that saftey wire at all, where can you get some of that. I saw the holes and knew what it was for but figured it was maybe for cars to meet nhra saftey rules or something.

The kit is for a 65-72 Dart with 10" drums. Wilwood's part number is 140-2713B.

Here's the docs for the kit:

DYNALITE DRAG RACE FRONT HUB KIT
SOLID ROTOR TYPE
1965 - 1972 MOPAR “A” BODY, 10” DRUM
PART NUMBER
140-2713-B*

http://www.wilwood.com/PDF/ds163.pdf

The safety wire you can get from Jeg's or Summit. I have a friend who works at MSC Tool, she got it for me real cheap. ;-) A 10 pound can is around $20.

Hey mike how does this all sound to u?
D-FDL FRONT DRAG MOPAR-A 65-69 DRILLED MEDIUM DUTY MOPAR A DRUM SPINDLE 65-69 * 70-72 10 DRUM $589.95

THEWHITEZOMBIE said:
Hey mike how does this all sound to u?
D-FDL FRONT DRAG MOPAR-A 65-69 DRILLED MEDIUM DUTY MOPAR A DRUM SPINDLE 65-69 * 70-72 10 DRUM $589.95

Sounds about right, but I don't have the drilled ones... What's the part number on that kit?

-
Back