windage tray studs

-

jeffs67dart

Reaction score
I have a 67 dart with a 360/380 hp crate engine and it had a 4 quart pan, so I was pulling the engine anyway to coat the headers and paint the engine and intake so I decided to change the pan and add a windage tray, I bought a milodon 7 quart low profile pan a melling hv pump and the correct pick up and windage tray, but instead of getting the milodon studs I got the arp stud kit and properly installed it. the pan bolted right up and I didn't think or notice anything was wrong when the engine was on the stand but after installing it of course and oh yeah by the way yes I had to notch the k member for the oil pan to fit but I notice the windage tray studs dippled my new pan, now I'm thinking I have to drop the pan and either cut off or replace the studs. has anyone else had this problem with arp studs and do you think I should drop the pan and repair problem or will it be ok? oh and I read somewhere the studs should be 6 inches long and they are and I made sure the studs were bottomed out.

Milodon's website says you can't run a windage tray with that oil pan due to clearance issues. 8 qt pan, it's doable.

Also check the nut below the oil pump to make sure it's fully seated... Sometimes the nut is too tall and won't let the pump seat all the way...

-
Back