Window Crank Knob Wobble

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Is there a good way to fix the round knob on a window crank that wobbles? :dontknow: Was thinking to peen the rear, but I bet there's a better way.

I don't know if its the same, but my 65 barracuda had the same problem. I took it off and it looked like it was stripped of the threads. As I looked at it I noticed that it looked like a piece of foil was wrapped around the threaded post. I removed the foil and the threads were in good shape.I replaced the handle with no wobble or looseness at all. Good luck
Tommy

Thanks for your reply, but I'm asking about the round knob you put your hand on while cranking the window up and down.

Anybody have an idea to share?

If the little round knob on the end is the only problem just repalce the entire handle with one from rear of a 4 door. If the bearing assembly in the regulater has the wobble it can be replaced too. Drill out 3 or 4 rivets . Same source for a much better part. Rear windows were rarely used and the rear door is much easier to rob parts from.

I may have a wobble free window regulator crank.

send me a p.m. ;)

-RPM

Thanks alot RPM :thumblef:

Was actually looking for anyone that had repaired one before, but I'll keep you in mind if I end up needing.

RedFish......excellent idea also......as usual :toothy10: And yes, I'm referring to the little round knob. Was thinking someone might have an idea to fix one.

-
Back