window crank question

-
I'm guessing you mean the handle turns but the window don't move? It could be the regulators need to be replaced. More infor would help with a definitive diagnosis.

John

the window cranks moves and will roll down fine but when i go to roll it up slips and is dificult to get back up.

It is the regulator. They are a bit of a ***** due to te rough metal inside.

It is the regulator. They are a bit of a ***** due to te rough metal inside.

Right you are moparker, couldn't have said it better except to add that I have big mitts, like me, that just adds to the fun. Not to make light of your situation, Young Gun Smith.

You are probably back east or up north, the regulators don't like all the moisture and salt so the slowly wear away. You'll probably need to find the plastic guides too since they are usually gone. I'm not sure if there is someone reproducing those yet or not and good used are scarce.

I have a set of regulators (no good plastic guides) for a 70-up swinger, guessing that's what you have from the avatar. I will let you have them for $40 for the pair plus shipping, PM with your addy and I'll get you a total.

Also while you got it all apart, clean up all the tracks and slides, lube everthing good and those windows will roll up real nice when your done.

John

RT Specialties has all the rollers. The rear roller/guide assy was on back order for over 2 years but I think they are in stock now. At least they were about 3 months ago when I finally got mine.

Larry

-
Back