[WANTED] Window regulator (1963 Dart Convertible)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tailwinds

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a rear quarter window regulator for a 1963 Dart convertible.
Does anybody have one, or know where I can find one?
Please PM me.
Thanks!

Do you have a pic of it? I have some '64-'66 hardtop and sedan regulators are either of those the same?

Thanks for your response.
I've attached the photo's. As you can see, the pivoting arm broke off.
I do have regulators from a 65 Dart but the pins that fit into the window frame are different. I need the pins that take the round clips. The 65 regulators have the spring clips attached to the arms and the pins do not fit into the frame channel.

Again, Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1171.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_1172.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1173.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 176
I'll look at my stash and see if anything looks the same, otherwise yours looks fixable. Is the separated arm the only problem with it? I had to put a good gear/crank body on a better set of arms for my sedan.

Attachments

• rear window regulator 006.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 185
  • rear window regulator 007.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 157
I'm coming to the same conclusion as you, '63 must be different from '64 up or maybe all the convertibles are a beast all their own. If the arm being popped off is all that's wrong, I'd be glad to weld it back on for you, maybe a couple of bucks for mig wire and gas. It looks like something was binding to break the arm. Have you got that squared away?

Searching for this simple part makes me believe the convertibles (especially the '63) are beasts of their own.
I bought the car about a year ago and it came with 2 '65 regulators.
While the broken regulator was still in the car, the broken arm was in a box with many of the original car parts. I'm not sure why it was binding but I did find the mechanism and tracks pretty dry of any useful grease. I would hope that would be the problem with any binding. I've already greased up the other window mechanisms as they were all pretty tight.
The broken arm is all that's wrong and it would be great if it was fixable. Do you really think it is? The broken piece is split and is slightly twisted.
If you think you can fix it, I will FedEx the part to you this week and would be more than happy to pay for your services.
Either way, thanks for your offer. It was very kind of you.

Rick

Attachments

• IMG_1183.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1184.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1185.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 165
That looks like an easy fix, I don't mind trying at all. I'm just surprised someone hasn't popped up with one. I'll PM you for the details.

i have 63 drop top parts car i can get to .... and ya 63 is 63 on most stuff .... send me a list and il pass it on .... if i give out his info he would never speek to me again so ....

Anyone have a driver side window regulator for a 63_64 dart ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back