window tint on A-body?

-

74slnt6

Reaction score
anyone have pics of window tint on any a-body? I dont really like the window tint look, seems like more of a touring look and im goin for more of a vintage/original thing. im a little tired of everyone staring at me though. just wanted to see a few pics. please post anything you may have

I wouldn't go too dark, imo black windows on old cars looks funny, (unless it's a black car.) I remember seeing a red 67 Dart with real dark tint, & thought, " man that looks awfull." Again it's my opinion but the fastback styles (Duster, Demon, & Dart sport) look a little better with tint than the notchback styles.

yea i wouldnt go too dark, just dark enough that at night you cant see through. and as far as jealousy goes the looks are no problem, but on almost a weekly basis When i would drive it to school I would get a nice goober spat across the windshield. no harm done, but it still pisses me the hell off. just blowin off some steam haha

I don't like window tint on a muscle car. On my Dodge Ram yes of course. That's just me however.

My personal taste if having the 100 degree summer sun shining through non tinted original glass and fading the interiors and pouring sweat unto the steering wheel and my clothing , these things makes it easier to replace whatever the sun destroys and me, like all of us here sit on tons of money to replace what the sun kills ( NOT )

The glass in my 64 Signet is all original Easy Eye tempered glass with the slight green tint except for the windshield which has a blue tint because its newer. I believe the blue tint windshields are from Australia. My 65 Barracuda was also black but way too open due to the large rear glass and even though that too had Easy Eye glass I had to totally tint it, even the windshield was done in light gray

untitledhjg.jpg

only one i could find right now but have more somewhere in the arcives.
looks fine to me,just the rear window and the vent windows are real DARK

I just finished putting my glass back in yesteday. A light tint to all the glass.:cheers:

Attachments

• DCP_3138.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 223
I tinted all of the windows on my 71 swinger, including the windshield. I think it looks awesome. Definetly keeps the car much cooler inside here in the summer. Here is a pic for your viewing pleasure lol

Attachments

• Swinger 009.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 249
  • Swinger 012.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 239
My 73 duster will have tinted windows also.. Back/back sides 25-35% and the doors will have 35% too. The front window is isn't allowed in Va..

Here in B.C we are not allowed to tint the drivers ,passengers or the windshield.Anything that obscures an officers vision of the driver when approaching the vehicle. I have seen guys forced to remove illegal tint,so check your local laws first!

So I will do the back 3 only. It will help a lot though!

-
Back