windsheild rubber?

-

65RAGTOP

Reaction score
will a 65 dart convertable winshield rubber be the same as the other models? 2dr htp 4dr???? have new windshield but need the 'new'rubber.
any help appreciated. thanks 65ragtop

Pm read but did not answer question. Anyone else like to chime in ? Sure could use your help. Thanks

The parts book calls for a different windshield gasket for the convertible. The rubber is thicker along the top in the convertible than the cars with lids.

will a 65 dart convertable winshield rubber be the same as the other models? 2dr htp 4dr???? have new windshield but need the 'new'rubber.
any help appreciated. thanks 65ragtop

Not sure on the rubber,
But was wondering were you got the new windshield?

I'm not positive on that particular model but I can tell you in most cases the windshield gasket is different. The 2 door no post coupe is one. The post sedans both 2 and 4 door is another. Then the convertible is yet another. Three different gaskets used.
The convertible uses the same glass dimensions as no post coupes but that gasket is larger on the top and smaller on the sides. Some have successfully used the coupe gasket in a vert after some custom trimming on the sides.
Again this may not apply to your particular model.

not sure on the rubber,
but was wondering were you got the new windshield?

new windshield was purchased from auto city classic
28433 hwy65 ne. Isanti,mn. 55040

found them at the goodguys meet in columbus,ohio this summer.
Price was $129.00, shipping was as much as the price of the glass.
Good part was they come east to carlisle for the fall meet.they said to call 2 weeks before carlisle and order, they will deliver to carlisle.
[email protected] or 763-444-5880
now to get the neww rubber gasket

go to steele rubber they might have what you need and If I remember right I thought all of them used the same gasket.

go to steele rubber they might have what you need and If I remember right I thought all of them used the same gasket.

I've been trying to get a windshield rubber gasket for our '64 Valiant 4-door for weeks, and have contacted several vendors, who all tell me that they are on "national back-order." Whatever that means... That includes Steele

Several told me that they expect them to become available around the first week of November, but they were ALL vague about it, so I'm not holding my breath...

Just my experience...

The '63-'66 A-body convertible windshield seal is different and not interchangeable.
The windshield is the same for all '63-'66 A-bodies; NAGS number DW-625.

Most windshield seals for older cars are presently unavailable; see thread here and here.

I remember a while back a guy was talking about replacing the gasket and he used a old one, what he did was find a car with the gasket he needed and bust out the windshield then soak it in Hot water for a peoriod of time which makes it pliable again then he installed it. I do not know if this will work but I remember reading about, of course the hard part is finding a doner car.

If I may chime in...

I ordered the sedan windshield gasket (rubber) for my '66 vert and fits just fine as you can see in my numerous thread with pictures of the car.

I cant remember the part number, but everywhere i asked (around the world) they dont carry Vert gasket anymore, so they offered me the sedan one and wished me good luck :)

But it fits just fine, no leak so far. Although I havent driven in the monsoon rain that we usually see here, yet. So fingers cross :)

Syed
Malaysia

-
Back