Windshield differences

-

DieWilde13

Reaction score
Hello,

can anybody tell me SURE were are the Differences between the Windshields for a 1970 and 1971 Dart?
I have a 1971 Dart Custom 4-Door from Switzerland and a Body from a 1970 Dart Swinger from Canada..
I want to mount the Windshield from the ´71 into my ´70 but it doesn´t Fit!
The ´71 Shield is about 3 cm to smal and about 2 cm to high...

Now i want to know which Shield fits for my ´70 Swinger??
Is it because it is 2-door and 4-door, or is it because it is 70 Swinger and 71 Custom??

I found a Site were i can Buy but it´s not so easy...don´t want to buy a Shield and then it doesn´t fit...

take a Look:
https://www.bserved.com/psautoglass/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=18

Thanks for any Help!!

P.S.: maybe my English is not so good, so please be forbearing.. :sad1:

Greetz Tom

Your english is fine.. I think the problem is you can not use a windshield out of a 4 door on a 2 door. something about the roof design is a little different. I am sure you will have ot get one for a 2 door. Hope this helps,

Come from Germany Gifhorn...( www.mopar-crew-gifhorn.com )

Some People told me that the Difference is The Making Year... He sais Dart 2-door 69-70 Fits and then till 71 is another and it has nothing to do with the doors... but i don´t know it... Thats the Problem.
I will drive to Moparmeet in Datteln end July and i only need this Shield to make the Car ready to Drive...

in europe the big glass company is BELRON. I work for belron in the usa. contact them and they will answer any glass question you have.

English bad,...No way, I've been brought up English and still have problems! Your doing very well.

The windshield are very different as you discovered. As a reference point here are the part numbers from a 70-71 parts book

4 door 2663141
2 door 2663149

HTH

any 2 door windshield will fit any 2 door car from 68-76.
4 door windshields are shorter.

dartcuda said:
Your english is fine.. I think the problem is you can not use a windshield out of a 4 door on a 2 door. something about the roof design is a little different. I am sure you will have ot get one for a 2 door. Hope this helps,

Yes,4 doors are shorter and my english is worse!

The Dart-Nº7,5.jpg

Ok Guys,
thanks for all your Help! My Dealer ( Moparshop) here in Germany says he can get my Shield, but its very expensive...( 450€ )..in USA it will cost 130$...but i think i musst buy it here..
And special Thanks for the Partnumbers ;)

Also a Shield from a ´72 Dart Swinger musst fit??? Have here one for 150 Bucks...but its in Switzerland

DW691 will fit 2 dr post car
DW690 will fit 2 dr hdtp

Thanks mrbill00 for the numbers. Is there actually a difference in shape/size or is that just a different number for the sake of having a different number, if you know what I mean?

-
Back