windshield gasket goop?

-

moparwillybb

Reaction score
when I took my windshield out there was no sealant atleast not that I saw is there a sealant that goes on the gasket and where does it go and what is it called its for a 74 dart hard top also what is the best replacement gaskets out there

Hello, I just did the windshield gasket on my demon recently. I used Metro's supersoft " ribbon sealer " part #MW38115 purchased from my local auto parts store. I went from half way up each side and along the entire bottom. You can also use a sealer that comes in a tube for a caulking gun, but it is more expensive. As for the gasket itself, I went through classic industries. The new gasket i received was NOT like the original. So, if your wanting an original looking replacement, make sure you call first to make sure. There was quite a bit of difference between the two. The new gasket had the lock strip going completely around the entire gasket and has some extra rubber " lip " that sits atop of the bottom chrome trim of the windshield ( which made installing the bottom trim a nightmare ).

where do you put the sealant the bottom of my windshield opening doesn't have a lip how does the gasket seal there?

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/CRL-Black-PTI-707-Butyl-Rubber-Sealant-/171180845485?pt=US_Hand_Tools&hash=item27db2c69ad"]CRL Black PTI 707 Butyl Rubber Sealant | eBay[/ame]

Most gaskets are made by Precision. The sealant closes any gaps. You can level and clean up with mineral spirits and a rag.

-
Back