Windshield Gasket // Is this right?

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I test fitted the windshield and rear glass gaskets and found a surprise. The gaskets both have the opening for the `67 style lock strip. Will my `68 moldings cover this seam?
Barracuda389-vi.jpg

I bought these gaskets YEARS ago and I have to know if I need to buy another set.
Barracuda390-vi.jpg

Barracuda389-vi.jpg

Barracuda389-vi.jpg

Barracuda390-vi.jpg

Barracuda390-vi.jpg

In '67 dad bought a new Valiant that leaked like a sieve from day one. The leaking stopped when the dealer put '68 windshield trim on it. The windshield rubber wasn't changed 'cause my initials were still there when the car came back from the dealer. Hope this helps.

In '67 dad bought a new Valiant that leaked like a sieve from day one. The leaking stopped when the dealer put '68 windshield trim on it. The windshield rubber wasn't changed 'cause my initials were still there when the car came back from the dealer. Hope this helps.

The dealer would have had to pull the windshield, drilled out the holes for the clips and use a 68/69 style gasket and clips for the 68/69 trim to attach to the car. The trim itself would not have stopped the leaks. Water would get right under it and leak again....To the original poster, I know that does not help you but do you have a part # off the box the gasket was in? Maybe a part number or tag on it?? That does not look like the 68/69 gasket as far as I can tell from the pic.But not rulling it out.

-
Back