Windshield Gasket Question

-

stokey04964

Reaction score
If your gasket is not dry rotted can you soak it in something to reuse. Trying different options since they are all back ordered and not looking to ship for a while.

Brad

Years ago, A friend soaked a used gasket for his 70 chevy p/u in 5 gallon bucket with kerosene. It didn't effect the sealant much.
The rubber gasket grew. It would have fit a school bus.

Regular 3M spray oil will soften them up some without making them fit a school bus. We also spray the oil on it right before installation. It makes things alot easier going in. Spray the pinch weld also. Run a rope around the rubber pinch weld area with the rope started and ending in the center on the bottom of the glass. Have two people on the outside one on each applying constant pressure. Start pulling the rope making sure the gasket is fitting over the pinch weld from inside the car. The persons on the outside can slap the glass with a cupped hand (keeps from braking the glass). You will see the glass falling into place.

Hey, i got a 1967 dodge dart sedan. Looking for a windshield & gasket and all the trim with it.... Anyone know where to find it reasonable? Please reply...Thanks!!!

Hey, i got a 1967 dodge dart sedan. Looking for a windshield & gasket and all the trim with it.... Anyone know where to find it reasonable? Please reply...Thanks!!!

Sorry to hear you can't find them. There are numerous people looking right now with no luck. If you stay posted here in the next couple of weeks they maybe some around.

You will probably have to wait as it seems absolutely no one has them in stock. I read on Moparts that someone had 2 NOS gaskets but I don't know if he was willing to sell them.

There was a detail guy at a car show and he was using what he said was a vegetable based product that he said he made.
He used it on all the rubber on his and other people`s cars. I would like to know what that was. It sure made the rubber soft. Any idea`s.

The gasket appears too be good,but the trim stuff around it is shot..any ideas on were to get something that would work? On the corners as well?

The gasket appears too be good,but the trim stuff around it is shot..any ideas on were to get something that would work? On the corners as well?

The chrome look insert and the little corners have been reproduced and should still be available. Try Stephens Performance, Dales Cuda Shop, ebay motors.

We need 1 for a 69 Charger; rumor is that the factory burnt down. Place in carolina says they may start making them-2 months out. The middle man suppliers have 100 people on back order. Each. Call and ask for one, and they laugh.

Are they the same as a 67 barracuda if they are I just got one from safelite auto glass new windshield, gasket, and trim installed for a 50 dollar deductable.

-
Back