Windshield Gasket

-
And for a Barracuda of 1967??? and for the rear windshield????

I only have a seller by ebay, but is very expensive. do you know anybody than sell this parts?????

thanks!!!

The seller from Ebay is very expensive and it is not a true 67 A-Body gasket. It is somewhat shorter (3 or 4 inches) and must be stretched over the windshield and then put in the car. The gasket also has rounded conners instead of the original square ones.

I have a brand new one of his with the lock strip that I will sell at half price to anyone that wants it.

As far as I have been able to find out, no one reproduces this gasket. I am switching mine over to the '68 style with the chrome trim.

Brian

Hi Brian! but how is the finished, I like make a perfect restoration and streching the gasket ¿¿¿??? I have the chrome trim for the gasket, I bought it by ebay and is perfect for my car.

I dont understand, you sell a gasket or a trim????
sorry, I only speak a little of english...

Thanks Brian!!!

I bought one off Ebay and was not pleased with it. It is not original and has a plastic insert. The one I bought off of Ebay for about 200.00 (including trim-lock), I will sell for 100.00 plus shipping. I do not think you would be happy with it either, but will sell it to you if you want it.

Brian

Gordon340 said:
I bought one off Ebay and was not pleased with it. It is not original and has a plastic insert. The one I bought off of Ebay for about 200.00 (including trim-lock), I will sell for 100.00 plus shipping. I do not think you would be happy with it either, but will sell it to you if you want it.

Brian

Ok Brian, Thanks!

I`ll try find a original gasket, must be very dificulty, but i`ll try find it...

Which is the difference of your gasket with the original???? and that plastic insert????

Is possible fit all kit of gasket and trim of a cuda 68-69 into a 67 body??? or the glasses are diferent too????

For last... The gasket than sell by ebay, how is the finish with this? do you see anything installed???

I have a big problem, my rear windshield is fine, but i want remove the windshield for paint the body, how can i remove the glass less cut the gasket???

Cuda67Spain- To remove the windshield without cutting the gasket you will need a thin piece of strong wire (like a guitar string). Pass the wire through the outer edge of the gasket from the outside and tie it to a strip of wood on the inside. Tie a piece of wood to the wire on the outside as well and have a friend hold tension on it. With you on the inside and your friend on the outside, alternate pulling the wire with a sawing motion around the perimeter of the windshield. When you`ve gone all the way around the windshield, gently push it from the inside out. Be patient and you`ll be able to remove the entire windshield/gasket assembly as one piece. Good luck!

I have one of the non correct seals fitted to the rear screen of my 67 hardtop, it leaks and has big gaps between the seal and the frame - very ugly and has to go. So I think I am reading this right, the 68/69 seal and trim will fit the 67 ? and the same goes for the front screen ?

Is the screen the same for all 68 - 72 A body coupes or just the seals interchange ?

Longgone said:
Cuda67Spain- To remove the windshield without cutting the gasket you will need a thin piece of strong wire (like a guitar string). Pass the wire through the outer edge of the gasket from the outside and tie it to a strip of wood on the inside. Tie a piece of wood to the wire on the outside as well and have a friend hold tension on it. With you on the inside and your friend on the outside, alternate pulling the wire with a sawing motion around the perimeter of the windshield. When you`ve gone all the way around the windshield, gently push it from the inside out. Be patient and you`ll be able to remove the entire windshield/gasket assembly as one piece. Good luck!
I see, is a good idea! I believe than I found a shop where have the gaskets, I`ll buy a complete kit and compare with the original, I try too remove the glass without cut the gasket, but the gasket is very hard (older).

Thanks!!!! If anybody come to Spain, have a lot of beers from me!!!

Thanks again!

nz68rt said:
I have one of the non correct seals fitted to the rear screen of my 67 hardtop, it leaks and has big gaps between the seal and the frame - very ugly and has to go. So I think I am reading this right, the 68/69 seal and trim will fit the 67 ? and the same goes for the front screen ?

Is the screen the same for all 68 - 72 A body coupes or just the seals interchange ?

I found a shop than have the windshield gasket for 67 body, I buy and compare if the gasket is right, later i tell you here and if is valid you can buy this part...

Thanks!!!! If anybody come to Spain, have a lot of beers from me!!!

Lots of cold beer in Spain sounds pretty good to me.....

Be interested in hearing how the new gasket fits, do they have the locking strip as well ?

-
Back