WINDSHIELD/HEADER STAINLESS

-

burdar

Owen's Dad
Reaction score
Over the weekend I got done sanding/polishing the header stainless on my Dart. It was pretty scratched up and worn where the top seal rides. Now that it's polished, I'd like to keep it that way.

This is my first convertible so I don't have any experience. Does the stainless header trim start to get minute scratches and wear marks from the seal right away? After all that work, I'd hate for the trim to look dull immediately.

Has anyone used something like this on their header? Manufactures use a similar product in high wear areas to protect the paint on new cars. Would this work to keep the stainless looking good? It would be easy to replace when it starts looking bad. (much easier then sanding/polishing stainless) Thoughts? Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004VFYCZE/?tag=fabo03-20

I don't see any reason it wouldn't work, looks like clear bra

I just replaced my top 67 dart. The old seal was worn out and allowed for some metal on metal contact the new seal keeps it about 1/2 " from any metal on metal contact.

What year are you working on?

Even rubber rubbing on the stainless could potentially dull the shine I would think.

Brothers 93 Mustang vert has thick clear adhesive backed protector/cover on the header. It had yellowed and cracked up with age. He replaced it with new pre cut when the car was repainted but I don't know where he found it.

Even rubber rubbing on the stainless could potentially dull the shine I would think
Or polish it more?

There is a seal on the leading edge of the header, don't let the shop convince you to use the round foam inside the top material type of leading seal like on 66 and older.

-
Back