Windshield Install/Remove/Clips/Details

-
All I can tell you is this: I ended up using the original clips that I took off the car. Luckily, they were in pretty good shape and only a few needed to be tweaked back into shape. I sent pictures to Precision of their clip next to the original. There is a slight difference, especially in the height factor. The trim wouldn't lay down tight to the body with the new clips. Never heard back from them. The smaller clips were the culprits. I had a professional install the windshield because I knew he would have all the tools. After working with him, I learned that it wasn't really hard to do, but still glad he was there. We did not have to cut anything off the new gasket.

Hi guys, great thread! Question. My dash is not yet installed. Would be be much easier to install windshield without that. But, is there enough space for dash screws once windshield is installed. Can not remember by heart and there is no othe A-body close to me to double check. Thanks!

duster_talli.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys, great thread! Question. My dash is not yet installed. Would be be much easier to install windshield without that. But, is there enough space for dash screws once windshield is installed. Can not remember by heart and there is no othe A-body close to me to double check. Thanks!

View attachment 1715619281
You CAN install the dash after the glass but you’ll have to flip the “captured nut” clip things (where the dash screws go into) upside down, then put the screws in from under the dash.

If you install dash AFTER the ws, do a test run on screws after flipping. I thought I read that the screws may need to be trimmed slightly shorter so they dont bottom out against glass. Just something to watch out for.

-
Back