Windshield Motor Removal?

-

WmBaldwin57

Reaction score
I have a 73 Dart Swinger and I am removing the wiring harness to paint the engine bay. I have everything disconnected 'EXCEPT' the windshield motor which has no connector, it is hard wired. If I remove the bolts on the firewall, what has to be done inside? Am I lucky and it lifts out or is it bolted on the inside behind the A/C unit??? If that's the case I think I'll cut the wires..... Ideas?

I'm just not sure. Most wper harnesses are pulled into the bulkhead connecter just like a engne harness of forward light harness. Keeper on the top and the bottom of those connecters. bootm one can be a pain to get to.
Some will pull the wiper motor away from the firewall and fish the linkage apart at some junction, through that opening. I prefer to remove the radio and work through that opening to remove the pitman arm from the motor.
Hope this helps

I'm just not sure. Most wper harnesses are pulled into the bulkhead connecter just like a engne harness of forward light harness. Keeper on the top and the bottom of those connecters. bootm one can be a pain to get to.
Some will pull the wiper motor away from the firewall and fish the linkage apart at some junction, through that opening. I prefer to remove the radio and work through that opening to remove the pitman arm from the motor.
Hope this helps

I think you answered my question, there are bolted connections on the inside firewall that connect to the wiper linkage, I figured as much. I think I'll just cut the wires and reattach with a boat connector or something. Thanks.

just pulled my wiper motor for the same reason. right on the inside of the firewall, the linkage to the wipers is bolted onto the wiper motor. it was super easy to undo the bolt from under the dash. I believe it was a 9/16 in. socket even. I just did this yesterday on mine. then the entire motor and wire harness come out together..

also, i agree with cudajim! its way too easy to just unbolt the entire thing as a unit. there are the 3 bolts that are visible from inside the engine bay. and then the one nut connecting the wiper motor to the linkage. hopefully you didn't already cut stuff up..

also, i belive it should be the same, not entirely sure though. but what i'm talking about was on my'67 dart

-
Back