Windshield Washer Motor Install Help

-

RichardJ916

Reaction score
I am in need of some help installing a Windshield Washer Tank and Pump.
Can someone please show me a picture of the plug the gets plugged into the bottom of the pump. All my wires that come through the firewall ( Bulk Head ) are tapped up and not sure if the wire is there or not, so I am asking on the bulk head which wire goes to the bottom of the pump. Once I find the correct wire I can use my meter to check to see if the wire has voltage.

Here is a picture of the unit I would be willing to buy.
s-l400.jpg

I have a 74 Duster and in the process of doing the same thing. I have the floor pedal pump and there is no wire in the washer cavity in the bulkhead coming through the firewall. I will probably run a wire from switch to that cavity in bulkhead connector. I didn't look under dash yet to see if there is a wire on switch.

I have a 74 Duster and in the process of doing the same thing. I have the floor pedal pump and there is no wire in the washer cavity in the bulkhead coming through the firewall. I will probably run a wire from switch to that cavity in bulkhead connector. I didn't look under dash yet to see if there is a wire on switch.
Let hope someone post the wiring harness in order for us to get this done.

I do have the Wiper Switch that does allow me to push for washer fluid, the car doesn't have a foot pump. Its a 1972 Plymouth duster. I am not sure if any of the wiring is installed but I am hoping that someone just cut the plug off or never hooked up the wire. But if the wire is to come through the bulk head I can follow it and know if the wire is there but just not connected.

I have the manual with the wiring and the problem is the wire for the pump is not in the bulkhead. The cavity is empty. I guess they saved about .02 by not putting a wire in there.

The wire would be in the drivers side connector at the top right. The wire is supposed be dark blue.

I have the manual with the wiring and the problem is the wire for the pump is not in the bulkhead. The cavity is empty. I guess they saved about .02 by not putting a wire in there.
So if you wanted to convert over to automatic you would have to run a new wire, do you think the automatic ones do go through the bulk head, what pin is used on the bulk head to connect the pump to and then go back to the switch.

I made a mistake on the wire color its brown going to the pump from the bulkhead connector.

I have a diagram for my 73. It should be very similar and at least give you a good idea. Brown wire here as well.

73DartDiagram.jpg

-
Back