Windshield Washer Switch location?

-

Jim McLain

Reaction score
Had a '71 Plymouth Duster 40 years ago. Just purchased a '75 Dodge Dart Sport. Where is the Windshield Washer Switch? I can't remember for the life of me and I haven't located it on my new (old) ride.

Thanks, Jim

Had a '71 Plymouth Duster 40 years ago. Just purchased a '75 Dodge Dart Sport. Where is the Windshield Washer Switch? I can't remember for the life of me and I haven't located it on my new (old) ride.

Thanks, Jim

Push? :D

Some cars back then had the foot operated washer. if no foot pedal, on the left side above headlight dimmer switch, push in the wiper switch if you have an electric pump. I believe wipers must be on for electric pump to work.

The cars with the electric pump have wipe-wash right above the switch. If you don't have the wash, you probably have the foot pedal. I bet Chrysler must have saved a lot of money by giving us the foot pedal.

The cars with the electric pump have wipe-wash right above the switch. If you don't have the wash, you probably have the foot pedal. I bet Chrysler must have saved a lot of money by giving us the foot pedal.

Mine just says "Wiper" right above the dash button, and not even a hint at wash but it is electric and always has been (73 Dart)
When it pushes in it twists at the same time to turn on the wipers.

Pictures worth 1k words...

dash.jpg

If it's not there, it's a foot pump on the floor...

The Duster dash is much different than what you show on your Dart. They also were mandated to have all the switches lit up. The dash I have that says wiper- wash is from a 75 Valiant.

-
Back