[WANTED] Windshield Wiper arm bushings!!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

tnts72

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Anyone have a lead on good wiper arm bushings, picked some up from teh help section and they are so hard they are impossible to get clipped onto the pegs... Got them in the arm, but could not get them to clip into place... 3218826 is the original number and they are still somewhat soft, wondering if I pick up another set and put them in some boiling water for a bit if I could get them to go in... Anyone?

Dropped mine it hot water to soften them of, then seated them with a socket & rubber mallet. Take your time, they'll fit. Gotta been tight or them suckers will pop off at the most inopportune time LOL.

Pat

Anyone have a lead on good wiper arm bushings, picked some up from teh help section and they are so hard they are impossible to get clipped onto the pegs... Got them in the arm, but could not get them to clip into place... 3218826 is the original number and they are still somewhat soft, wondering if I pick up another set and put them in some boiling water for a bit if I could get them to go in... Anyone?

Are you referring to the foam type bushings to prevent water from leaking to the interior?

Dropped mine it hot water to soften them of, then seated them with a socket & rubber mallet. Take your time, they'll fit. Gotta been tight or them suckers will pop off at the most inopportune time LOL.

Pat

Also a drop of Dawn and something tapered to slip bushing in place.

Easy.

Gary

No just looking for the rubber bushing to hold the wiper arms in place. I will try the hot water trick again. Didn't think of heating up a socket and using that to press it on... Thank you guys. Called my local dodge dealer and they don't carry that number anymore, surely it has been replaced by something else

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back