Windshield wiper refills for 64 Barracuda?

-

Witchboard

Reaction score
I've been looking all over. I can't manage to find a wiper refill. Everybody wants to sell you the blades, but no refills. My blades are fine and don't need to toss them in the trash to spend money for something I don't need. I checked the service manual and can't find a part number there either. I may have missed it. All I know is they are 13" long, at least the ones that came on the car. I presume they are the correct size. Anybody got a lead on refills?

Some years used ANCO and Trico.
I've only looked into the ANCO push button series. These also were used all over the world, but now PB refills are not available new, at least in in the US. :realcrazy:
Exception being 15 and 16" which don't look the same but at least work the same.
You may have to buy Trico 13" with the clip on the end to retain it.

This may help you at least get started on the hunt

Thanks. I found the part number in the parts catalog, but 2291-909 doesn't seem to be all that helpful.

If there is only one refill number then based on what @Mopar Tim posted then they all were ANCO pushbutton.
The last production refills by ANCO was called 12 series. For 13" you're looking for a 12-13. Trico called those refills LP, so LP-13.
Or you have to use the clip in type of refill that is the same width as the blade's claw. I forget the Trico series number but it is still made as far as I know.

Well, it looks like Trico still makes the 43-130, but I can't find it anywhere. I think I"m going to pop off the Anco blades and store them until I can find a replacement refill for them. This may be a stupid question, but how to I take these red dot blades off? I'm not sure if they are pressure fitted onto the arm or if there's a trick. I don't want to damage either the arm or the blades trying to force them off. Any tips?

IMG20230529231640.jpg

IMG20230529231648.jpg

Buy refills for over the road trucks and cut them to size. You'll have lots left over.

Last time I bought refills I found them on Amazon (Trico 43-130). Ebay?
No luck on the 43-130. I'm only finding "vertibrae" refills. I'm not sure if that's what they are supposed to look like, but I was expecting a refill with a pinch retaining clip like what I have, but I'm not sure it these are original. Is that what the red dot is for? I can push it, but can't tell what it's supposed to do.

s-l500.jpg

redfish explains it.
The button allowed taking the blade apart. Refill was threaded into both parts. Blade reassembly captured the refill so no additional clips were req'd.

Lemme find a pic.
Push the button and that allows the claw to slide off.
1685495130561.png

The refill is captured between the two claws by a raised center.

1685495177400.png

The Trico 43 series refill is held in with a clip.
1685495266781.png

Classic/OER refills for 15 and 16" don't have a raised center but a goofy modification to the the metal frame.
It seems to work.
1685495484203.png

Don't think they are having 13" made for them but you could look.

I found 13" blades for my 66 Barracuda.....

......believe it or not......

on Walmart.com.

All kinds of vendors sell their wares there.

Edit: they were New Old Stock and had that white powder covering from the old rubber breaking down...but they fit, lol.

Last edited:
Some of yall just make this so tough. I've been using these ever since I worked on over the road trucks when I was a kid. This is EIGHT refills TWENTY SEVEN AND A HALF inches long each. Cut to fit. These were FOUR BUCKS at the local Truck Pro. Do I need to come put um on for yall too?
DSCF2225.JPG

Thanks, I saw your post, but I honestly don't know what "over the road trucks" are and I was too embarrassed to ask. I do have a local TruckPro here in the city though, so I'll swing by and check them out. Thanks again.

Thanks, I saw your post, but I honestly don't know what "over the road trucks" are and I was honestly embarrassed to ask. I do have a local TruckPro here in the city though, so I'll swing by and check them out. Thanks again.
No biggie. Big trucks. Like what haul things all over the country. You may have to take one of your old ones in so they can get the blade side to match up. The windshield sides are pretty much all the same.

I bought 16" Trico refills at Aweful Zone. These were actually a metric length and appoz' 3/16" short of 16".
They just barely got into the end clips on the blade. I was afraid they might come out but they never did.
They need replaced again now before my windshield is scared.

Thanks guys. I'll drop by TruckPro when I can. Problem is they have the same working hours as me. ^_^

The only difference between the Trico 43 and 44 is that the structure is metal vs plastic, correct? Worst case I guess you could get a 44-190 and cut them to 13".

How long ago? According to their web site, they cannot get those now. dammit all.
These were actually on the shelf at my O’Reilleys, I bought all 3 sets. It wasn’t that long ago, and I would venture to say that I’m the only person in my town that needs 13” wiper blades. I’ll check with my store, the young man who is assistant manager owns about 8 early A bodies.

These were actually on the shelf at my O’Reilleys, I bought all 3 sets. It wasn’t that long ago, and I would venture to say that I’m the only person in my town that needs 13” wiper blades. I’ll check with my store, the young man who is assistant manager owns about 8 early A bodies.
The guy that runs ours is the same manager I worked for. I'll be nice and say he's automotively challenged. lol

The guy that runs ours is the same manager I worked for. I'll be nice and say he's automotively challenged. lol
There’s a reason the young man at our store is assistant manager, he knows cars up and down. He went to school with Nella, but in his 25 years here on this earth, he has been fully engulfed in the Mopar community because of his grandfather. He is a great young man, and when I go up there next time, I’m going to have him look into the wiper blade issue, I’m sure he can work his magic and get us all some. I might buy a whole case and resell them here for all the early A community.

Gabe has a beautiful 66 Formula S 4 speed car, another project 66 S 4 speed with A/C, a couple of 65 Darts, one a convertible, and 3 66/67 Chargers, he’s got his hands full of projects for sure. The red 66 has been in a few magazines, it’s a really nice car. I wish I had pics of it, although I could probably find at least one article on it.

The only difference between the Trico 43 and 44 is that the structure is metal vs plastic, correct? Worst case I guess you could get a 44-190 and cut them to 13".
According to the Trico 'catalog' the 44 is for a plastic framed blade. No dimensional info posted.

43 Series steel wiper refills are designed to refill both TRICO and Anco long frame metal blades. These natural rubber refills feature a steel vertebra, and are designed to fit TRICO Exact Fit® and TRICO Classic™ blades, as well as old Anco 25 Series blades.
Features and benefits:
Designed to refill long frame metal blades
Wiper refill size – available in lengths from 13" to 22"

44 Series universal wiper refills are designed to fit most long frame plastic blades. Designed with metal end clips for secure, easy installation.
Features & Benefits
• Plastic backed refills fit TRICO, Anco, Pylon, Roberk, Tridon and Original Equipment plastic blades
• Wiper refill size – available in lengths from 13" to 24"

The only real clue is the word 'narrow'
As far as I can tell, 43 is for the original Trico blades, and may also work for the Anco blades (using the clip).
The Anco PB inserts are 0.380 wide.

Last edited:
-
Back