Windshield wiper woes...

-

Swinger803

1973 Dart Swinger 225
Reaction score
So,

I was on my way home from work last night and the bottom dropped out (Like it tends to do here in SC in the summer). Turned my wipers on low and they worked for a few minutes. Then they just stopped.. dead in the middle of my windshield. :wack:

The vehicle in question is a '73 swinger with the 3 position switch. When I turn them on I can still here the motor in all 3 speeds, just no movement.

This is my first A body, and Mopar for that matter, so do you guys have any advice?

I do have the service manual for my car, but I'm working nights this week and stuck here.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

If you hear the motor and it is spinning but wipers are not moving and the arms are on the posts, it has to be a linkage or bushing issue....they have bushings in the linkage that tend to be a problem after 40 years

If you hear the motor and it is spinning but wipers are not moving and the arms are on the posts, it has to be a linkage or bushing issue....they have bushings in the linkage that tend to be a problem after 40 years

Yup, I bet it fell of the motor up under the dash.

x3 The good thing is it is a relatively cheap and easy fix.

Pat

And you can get that bushing from the help section at the chain stores like Autozone.

-
Back