Windshield

-

LJS30

Reaction score
I am shopping around for new windshield on my 74 Dodge Dart. If I find a place locally who has the windshield how much should I expect to pay?

1st Place to call is Safelight Auto glass. Got a new 73 Duster windshield installed for Around $ 220. The glass is thinner than the original but fits perfectly.

my local shop.cheapest i found was over 200.i can't remember if it was 200 or closer to 250 installed.but,the rubber seal is 150 dollars by itself if needed.very rediculous.so that could get to be a really expensive windshield if they damage the rubber or it is already bad

Cool, cool. I need to get it replaced soon due to visibility problems with all the pits and fading.

I was quoted $140 for the 72 scamps front glass , 80 for install (at my house) from the guy that does our shop trucks at work and we got the gasket from year one when we did "the big order" when the car was off getting painted.

i did both my cars, cause i got stupid fix it tickets, i guess thats what its like when you are a 18 year old with longer shaggy hair driving an old station wagon, then the second time my honda. cost me $160 for both cars, installed at my house, but my dad knows the guy and does all his windshields threw him :toothy7:

Hey guys, another thing. I have a real problem with both my windshield and rear window fogging up slightly after my car has been driven. Is this a part of an old windshield and rear glass? Or could there be something else wrong with my car? And no, before any jokes are made, nothing else is going on in my car. =P~

-
Back