Winter Beaters

-

RobbAdams

Reaction score
OK I am shopping for a winter vehicle, since I have decided not to drive the Cuda this winter. I am trying to find an old ramcharger, but not having much luck in the price range I have in Mind ($2000 ish) For the last few years my "Other car " was a 1998 GMC Jimmy, but her tranny blew up, and most estimates I have gotten are in the $2000 range. Oh well.

What do you drive in the winter?

Dont forget we love Pics!!!

1989 *&^%)$# Suburban

08-03- 032.jpg

This was my beater for going to school in the winter about 5 years ago. 2:94 sure grip and 4 snow tires meant I NEVER got stuck. Still have it and just in the process of installing a new gas tank and filler neck grommet. New KYB gas adjusts all the way around are next,as well as solid T56 aluminum K frame isolators. It has 4 summer performance tires mounted on cop rims and 4 winters on plain steelies. It's an ex cop car and has the 318 4 bbl,brakes and suspension that came with the package.It would be in your price range and Im in Trail, B.C

now thats a truck better then chevy and ford

Yep. Looks rough on the outside but I started on this from the inside out. Body work is last and should be done by this spring. The front bumper is made 5/16ths steel plate. Great for pushing the stuck/high centered puddle jumpers out of the way in heavy snow.

I have a 1978 Dodge Ramcharger 4x4 33" mudders 6" suspension lift 3/4ton front dana 44 & rear dana 60 4.10:1 f&r,Rancho 9000 all around & Rancho kicker shocks & stabilizer.Hard top, bikini top & full safari top.360 V8 727 auto & NP203 with a part-time kit. I have no where to store this vehicle so it's time to go. The body needs a little rust repair around the rear wheel wells, otherwise very good truck that was my daily for about 10 years. I don't want to sell it but I haven't got much choice.I'm looking to get $3000.00 OBO.
I'm located in Vancouver B.C. Pm me if your interested & I'll try to post some pic's over the weekend.

Ted

My 'Winter" beaters are the same as my summer vehicles................

Mustang GT

Dakota R/T

CBR 1100 XX

When it snows and I go to the mountains it's in an '03 Subaru legacy GT 5spd. Mine is green but otherwise looks like the one in the pic. In the lowlands I tool around in the mint boat.

DCP_3843.jpg

5ES-4 2.5 GT.JPG

When the weather is bad I drive this. But I wouldn't call it a beater

I just picked this one up from work. Can you believe that the insurance company wrote this truck off? Barely anything wrong with it, just cosmetics.

It's a '95 Mazda B2300, it's gotta get better mileage than my normal winter truck, an '86 F250 4x4 with a .040 over 460 pushing 11.5:1 on propane. It was a great truck when propane was cheap but now at .90 cents a litre it's costing me $90 every two weeks. And that's only for a 12 mile round trip per day.

The interior is mint, has a nice aftermarket CD player w/four speakers, and near new rubber.

Not a bad little truck for $700 plus a re-inspection fee.

8I3636.jpg

8I3636a.jpg

My third year winter on my la 318 500 dolor truck.
Yep he is still getting the gob dun and runs like a scalded ape :-D

cook and fish 354.jpg

My winter daily 'rider' is the same as my summer commuter - my '79 Kawasaki 1000 @ 36mpg. If we want to play in the snow in SoCal, we go to the local mountains. If we get tired of that, we go to the beach or the desert or stay home and drive our A-bodies on the weekend!
Must be a real bummer having to park your weekend toy almost half the year.

This is my daily ride (I got a good deal) but I do live in the mountains here in socal. So it sees some snow in the winter. The red one is my dad's truck wating for us to put it back together.

100_0979.jpg

100_0923.jpg

If it snows bad enough I will take off the skirts and throw on the studed snow tires just like last year.

DSC00972.jpg

i drive my work truck from sun up to sun down and some time all throw the night on oncall nights . but on weekends and week nights ill still me driving my vialant .

i drive my work truck from sun up to sun down and some time all throw the night on oncall nights . but on weekends and week nights ill still me driving my vialant .

Same here. :cheers:

-
Back