Winter projects....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
What do you have planned, for winter ( if any ?).... Still finding interior fasteners/hardware out of three buckets {Yeah, I know...), Working on the decklid/ trunk area bodywork. Interior wise ,looking at finishing the wiring/ something for midrange/ tweeter combination, fix/ convert the worn out steering column to a floor automatic style. Share yours....

I just dropped off my car at the body shop.. They are doing the paint in the engine bay while I have the engine out. After I get the engine swap done, she's going back in for the complete paint. I'm hoping to have this done by spring...

Just purchased a '68 Coronet 440. Once I get it to my house, the winter plans are to redo the interior and clean the engine bay

remove the /6-904-7.25 combo and replace it with a 360-727-8.75
been a long time sine i got my hands dirty so expect plenty of questions while im working on it ;)

Tree trimming on the sides of our roads, burning the stuff I trimmed, start the mocking up of the bike build, replace that damn leaky injector on my Duramax....if I get energetic enough. It's only been leaking since moving up here in 08. Think I may have put 3k miles on it this year...

I also just pulled the 440 from my 71 R/T charger to have some frame damage repaired at the body shop, also pulled the carpet and seats for a recover while the cars gone. I have the numbers matching engine and trans at the machine shop getting ready to go back in when its done. The next project plan is shoehorning the Chargers 440 into the 72 Demon I just picked up off this site, my idea is to make a super stock clone out of the Demon.

What do you have planned, for winter ( if any ?).... Share yours....

Nothing. Family is coming home for Christmas week, and no plans to "work" on anything, not the houses not the cars, not the bikes, not even planning anything. I'm taking the year off, so to speak.

Going to Tuscany, Italy for a few weeks, some time after the holidays, and might spend a couple of months at the condo in Florida, though.

Prep engine bay (now that the /6 is out) for fresh paint, remove drum brakes for new disk brakes,remove drivers side fender for a new one I have(like new), cut holes in inner fenders for Headman super comps, install drop senter link, drop 360/904 in and put my new radiator in, check clearance to shut the hood and fire it up :cheers:

All of this stuff boxed and/or piled up on the 8-foot shelf unit ...

View attachment Marty Dreher and Dave Ford 062 - Copy.jpg

... and another healthy stack on top of and below my work bench not pictured.

Of course, none of 'em are mine. :-D I obviously need to have my azz in the shop until ...... ohhhh, about April or so. No rest for the wicked.

And in between all of that in my 'spare time' [hee heeee], we've been working on the house too, ripping up all the nasty old carpet from 1981, replacing the MDF subfloors with 3/4" plywood, and installing new sheet vinyl. Here's a couple shots of the bathroom in progress, the only thing that's about done so far.

View attachment Bathroom Remodel - Demo (5) - Copy.jpg

View attachment Bathroom Remodel - Demo (9) - Copy.jpg

As of October 16 (no pics of the installed Flextrim moulding yet) ...

View attachment Bathroom Remodel 001 - Copy.jpg

View attachment Bathroom Remodel 002 - Copy.jpg

View attachment Bathroom Remodel 007 - Copy.jpg

I'm especially proud of the New & Improved Closet. Since his mom moved in almost 2 years ago, there was so much crap in there you couldn't find a thing. A few plastic baskets, a couple tiered wire organizers and some grip shelf liner has made all the difference!

View attachment Bathroom Remodel 003 - Copy.jpg

Here it is as of this morning. I've got one more strip of base moulding to put down, find some tie-backs for the curtains, and to rehang the pictures. It's so cool to have color in the house finally after 8 years! Yayyyy, no more Renter's White. :-D

View attachment 034 - Copy.jpg

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh, it makes me smile too Ben but only because when I leave them in the basement where they used to dry, Zeus the Doberman Puppy has a field day destroying them. Here he is modeling his latest act of defiance, one of my Vic's -- he mangled the underwires so severely that I'd look like a Picasso if I tried to wear it again. So HE GETS TO. I figure if he's gonna play with my freakin' delicates then he can WEAR 'EM.

View attachment 007 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 011.jpg

Awesome. I likes that there dawg. I had a one with a fetish too.. Now back to the point of this thread...

Gonna transplant '73 swinger guts into my '69 barracuda over the winter. I wonder what disc brakes will be like? I'm afraid I might miss the terror of panic stops on 9" drums on wet pavement...

Completely rebuilding my front suspension. Im sick of driving it down the road and hearing it clunk and sound like Im going to loose my passenger side tire. Damn things drives straight as a arrow, but I would feel more comfortable with new stuff. When that is done, I think I might cut a hole in the hood and install a hood scoop.

Install headers, convert to disc brakes and install a floor shifter. And shovel LOTS of snow!!

70 Dart: pull 833 for an 833 o/d and go through the brakes
73 duster: 4 speed swap, go through the heater box.
65 dart: get a rolling chassis into an race car by spring.

Find a good heat source is number one, I went into hibernation last winter, what a whimp! I'll continue my firewall forward re-assembly, engine compartment, shocks, brakes/brake lines.

At my age it seems to take forever to get anything done...Work one day rest two days seems to be the norm. My Dart is an Arizona car for life so the interior was totally baked to a crisp and needs to be completely redone so that is my goal for the winter. Have some of the painting done then on to Headliner,floor insulation and every thing else new that needs to be replaced.:burnout::burnout::burnout:

On the Dart, I'm swapping the 7 1/4 for a 8 3/4. Fixing the wiper motor, speedometer cable and some other general tinkering. The 64 D100 is getting the glass and interior put back in. If I survive all that, I have a bunch of parts to sell, junk or give away.

Find a good heat source is number one, I went into hibernation last winter, what a whimp! I'll continue my firewall forward re-assembly, engine compartment, shocks, brakes/brake lines.

I wish you would've said something sooner -- NorthernTool.com has an annual HUGE heater sale which starts in October and, sadly, it just ended a couple days ago. (We bought one of their gas heaters for the house 3 years ago to supplement the central unit and it's so efficient it's made a world of difference in the heating bill (the paperwork says it costs .06 per hour). Billy ordered one for his shop area in the basement this year which is scheduled to arrive within the next few days; it was less than $300 for everything and the first one probably paid for itself the first year!)

And for what it's worth, I'm a total wimp when it comes to the cold too. :-D Every year I hate winter more and more ......... had to dig out my Sexy Chick Work Boots [not LOL] yesterday in fact cuz that cold azz concrete and tennis shoes just don't go well together.

I will be rebuilding my transmission and continuing stripping the car to bare metal and doing bodywork, panel by panel.

I wish you would've said something sooner -- NorthernTool.com has an annual HUGE heater sale which starts in October and, sadly, it just ended a couple days ago. (We bought one of their gas heaters for the house 3 years ago to supplement the central unit and it's so efficient it's made a world of difference in the heating bill (the paperwork says it costs .06 per hour). Billy ordered one for his shop area in the basement this year which is scheduled to arrive within the next few days; it was less than $300 for everything and the first one probably paid for itself the first year!)

And for what it's worth, I'm a total wimp when it comes to the cold too. :-D Every year I hate winter more and more ......... had to dig out my Sexy Chick Work Boots [not LOL] yesterday in fact cuz that cold azz concrete and tennis shoes just don't go well together.

Thanks anyway, let us know how the new heat works out, maybe I'll run a second oil filled this winter and look to improve next year, also need to upgrade my lighting.

me???? well I have been telling myself last year to just retire but I worked this past year 3 days per week but driving 65 mi to make $10 per hour doesn't go very far!?? LOL
being a mopar guy last 30 years, I have to have several projects! early A bodies. I don't like not have things to work on and tell myself i'm making progress with something!
65 cuda: the 273 needs put back together. needs rear bigger than the 7 1/4.new brake lines. Huh! all that costs $$$$.
the 63 dart: hope to have new seat covers made for it this winter. found great older couple that has shop and does great work. needs new foak. all costs $$$$.
the 64 dart: roller, but almost rust free and pretty staright. I just makde 3 patches for spots bout size of silver dollar. I wil paint it next spring, Ca Ching!$$$
the 62 lancer: fixing to pull it up to shed and start on rust. rear frames needs replaced/mended, floors, rear wheel area. that will be my cheapest costing project work.... 18 ga leftover cuts from steel store.
my garage is shed open on 2 sides..... heat? whats that?????????????

me???? well I have been telling myself last year to just retire but I worked this past year 3 days per week but driving 65 mi to make $10 per hour doesn't go very far!?? LOL
being a mopar guy last 30 years, I have to have several projects! early A bodies. I don't like not have things to work on and tell myself i'm making progress with something!
65 cuda: the 273 needs put back together. needs rear bigger than the 7 1/4.new brake lines. Huh! all that costs $$$$.
the 63 dart: hope to have new seat covers made for it this winter. found great older couple that has shop and does great work. needs new foak. all costs $$$$.
the 64 dart: roller, but almost rust free and pretty staright. I just makde 3 patches for spots bout size of silver dollar. I wil paint it next spring, Ca Ching!$$$
the 62 lancer: fixing to pull it up to shed and start on rust. rear frames needs replaced/mended, floors, rear wheel area. that will be my cheapest costing project work.... 18 ga leftover cuts from steel store.
my garage is shed open on 2 sides..... heat? whats that?????????????

Wow, I see you're going to see low 20's next week, I didn't know it got cold there. You must have heart to get winter work done in you're shed, now I REALLY feel like a whimp!!!

-
Back