Winter Storm

-

dusterdon

Reaction score
We're getting hit with a good winter storm. Snow , sleet, supposed to get 9 inches. All the kids are off of school, I decided to burn my last vacation day. Now instead of 16 days off, it'll have to be 17. Darn it. Hope I have a job to go back to after christmas. (GM).

We not getting any snow yet but they cancelled schools here for the day. They are calling for 1" an hour here soon.

I took a pic. as is now at 9a.m,I,ll post one when it,s all done.It,s suppose to go full ahead all day!Would,nt you know,my 66 Dart arrived at the yard lastnite and I can,t get it cause of this storm.Well at least it,s here.

trim 009.jpg

Get some pics of this white stuff.

We don't get much, if any, in Georgia.

I know the feeling (South Carolina). I'm going to crank up the cuda and take it for a spin sometime today. I like living in the south but I like to see it snow every once in awhile. lol

I know the feeling (South Carolina). I'm going to crank up the cuda and take it for a spin sometime today. I like living in the south but I like to see it snow every once in awhile. lol

Haha, I'm going down there in about a week to get away from snow!

Nice area there, Mullinax. My son went to Clemson for 2 years. We have a timeshare in MB too. Just got back in from snowblowing and we have gotten around 12 inches and its still coming down. Those of you east of us (new england) be ready for it. Its a coming.

Ya we are geting hit here in Belleville Canada too sucks this will slow the shipping companys down,maybe santa will bring my stuff.

Got ours last night,4 inches freezing sleet.Like driving in sand except slicker.

It's raining cats and dogs every day here the last week. We've had over an inch today of rain just this morning. I am so glad it is 62*F but it is extremely windy gusting to 40mph. The snow is not far behind. It is supposed to fall to 14*F by Sunday night. <<<burrr>>>>

Any of you Connecticut and Long Island residents remember the winter of 1978 when the Long Island Sound froze all the way across?

Here's the current view of my signature pic below. More snow on the way. Wish I were south right now.

Winter here.jpg

Any of you Connecticut and Long Island residents remember the winter of 1978 when the Long Island Sound froze all the way across?

I dont remember it, I was born the day it stopped snowing.

its coming down pretty hard here now, I just watched some dope try to beat a snow plow down the street. He didnt make it.

I pulled this in and parked it 1 hour ago,I hate freakin snow and want to move.

100_9022.JPG

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll215/dgrracing/1970 Plymouth Duster/snowy duster/

Took the day off work, shovel and used the snow blower all day... I though I'd stay home versus drive 50 miles north to Detroit in this stuff..Not as bad as they predicted here, only about 4 inches of snow, that combined with sleet, rain and ice it made for an interesting day.. I took the cover off the old Duster and pulled it outside just to snap a few photo's... it does the soul good just to listen to the lumpy idle of the motor... Especially for those of us that have to put ours cars up for 4 months out of the year...
The link above is a few pic's (I hope it works) as this 53 year old just isn't as computer savy as many.... Now back to soaking in the hot tub with a glass of wine to sooth the old bones...

I remember the blizzard of 78, and let me tell you, regardless of what the weather people or news reporters ever tell you, NO storm since has been anything remotely close to that blizzard. It will be ingrained into my memory forever. I was almost 13 at the time, and it was VERY impressive. School was closed for a whole week. Driving a car was against the law unless it was a 4X4 TRUCK or a snowmobile. Radio stations were asking the public to help shuttle doctors/nurses to and from area hospitals in 4X4's because they could not get to the hospitals. Governor Grosso declared CT in a state of emergency which lasted for a week. We got 28" of FALLEN snow in Bridgeport which is a coastal city, much more inland, but the drifts from the 50MPH winds were up to 2nd story rooftops. I remember looking out the front window on my house in the middle of the day, and couldn't see the house across the street. The snow was packed so tightly from the wind that in order to shovel your sidewalk, you had to chop the snow into blocks in 2 layers in order to get to the cement. Once you had a shovel full of snow, you had to walk to the next driveway to throw it in the road as the piles from the plows made it impossible to throw it over the top of the pile unless you were over 6ft tall. It was absolutely incredible.

George

I think we are due for one of those storms,I remember that storm very well.

I recall that quite well myself... Quick story, A firend of mine had a 68? Plymouth Satellite, 6 cylinder affectionately nicnamed "old brown".. I road to work with him that day. Being we worked second shift we left for home at 4am.. Needless to say being that we lived out in the country we got stuck in a snow drift. My buddy walked up to a local farmers house being that the "light was on".. After about an hour I see the farmer open the barn and out comes this HUGE 4 wheel drive, 8 tire John Deere tractor.. Well my buddy and the farmer had been drinking raisin wine for the hour that I was waiting in the car.. Needless to say it was literally over the river and through the woods... We we're still getting packed snow out from under "Old brown" until May...

Nice area there, Mullinax. My son went to Clemson for 2 years. We have a timeshare in MB too. Just got back in from snowblowing and we have gotten around 12 inches and its still coming down. Those of you east of us (new england) be ready for it. Its a coming.

Yeah I like it here.

I'm a big Clemson Tiger fan! I can't believe we got a bowl because we lost our head coach in the middle of the season... but we did.

I just got back from driving my cuda.. stopped by one of my friends who runs a auto shop... we played the guitar a little and I left. I wouldn't mind having a white Christmas ... I don't think I have ever had one. lol

I think we are due for one of those storms,I remember that storm very well.
would not bother me to get hit that hard again we got hit with a lot of freezing rain good thing i spent money last year to have my trees cut down but not the people next to me

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

I wouldn't mind having a white Christmas ... I don't think I have ever had one. lol

Was stationed at Charleston AFB in 72 after leaving 'Nam. We had something like 15 inches of snow in Jan which the old timers said was virtually unheard of. No snow plows - the state had to use graders to plow the roads. Things were pretty well paralyzed for a few days.

-
Back