Winter time model building thread.

-
72Dodge,
Can ya post a pic of the 69 that you have? I HAVE a 65 HHUG.....AND it is a TRUE 66 Cuda!

I'm not sure offhand which it is ('65 or '66) and it's not here with me now. I have the same one that everyone else has. They SAY it's a 66, the box art shows a '69, but it's definitely an earlier one. Pretty messed up!

Anyway, apparently there were different year of kits, but I got the release with the incorrect box art:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=777164&postcount=73

Maybe the only '68 or '69 HUG kits are the original release ones, which I won't want to pay for since I just want to build them. If anyone knows of a current or recent release that is a '68 or '69 HUG, please let me know, otherwise I'll be looking for open box kits on ebay (so I can see what I'm getting ahead of time and won't get the same one).

BTW, I have that clear red Ghost Cuda in that post! I'm not sure if I'll build that one though, apparently it's fairly scarce since most of them were regular clear, not red.

I'll look BUT I think my kit ofthe HHUG is a '66.....I have to see what body it is, (MY KIT is unopened!) SO, I'm gonna go on a "search to see if there are pics of its contents!

Anyway, I'm trying to find a '67 to a '69 'Cuda....NOT to be a race car, but a street car.....I bought this one thinking it was the '69......I was wrong! BUT Its since been traded to a friend for a '77 Volare model.....To make into a car my Grandfather owned.....

IMG_20150108_231541_zps2262637f.jpg

20150102_134832_zps57ce9755.jpg

Newest project. El camino. Console removed, bucket seats also. Door panels made from scratch.

That is really fantastic detailing. Love it. Is that the AMT '71 Duster kit with resin grille, wheels, and dog dishes? Or... Details on the details please!!

That is really fantastic detailing. Love it. Is that the AMT '71 Duster kit with resin grille, wheels, and dog dishes? Or... Details on the details please!!

Yes simple AMT. Resin "harts parts" grill surround. Modified 1:24 police rally wheel and hubcaps with tiny drilled holes.

NICE work! That looks GREAT. I have 2 of these AMT '71 Duster kits and want to make one of them into a '71 Dodge Demon, just because. BUT I have to find the parts to do so, first!

OK, it's not a Mopar, heck, it's not even a car. Actually, it's not even American (it's a British WWI fighter). But I finished this up today. I wanted to hone my airbrushing and decaling skills (they're hardly honed, but I got it done) on something less important to me before I did a Mopar. To build confidence and learn. Ooops, turns out now I love airplanes.

This is the Academy 1/72 Sopwith Camel kit. It's TINY. Fits in the palm of my hand. 'Bout drove me blind working on it.

Mopars to come.

Attachments

• IMG_8390 cropped & scaled.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_8392 cropped & scaled.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_8393 cropped & scaled.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 319
I did a LOT of 72nd scale stuff when I was younger.

Me and the kid down the block had a fairly complete strike force and including support, in both WWII era and modern 1980's era.

Tanks, trucks, troops, etc.

We sometimes used them as playing pieces for the board game "Panzer Leader", or similar.

IIRC the last ones I did were a Dodge WC, a Jolly Green Giant, and a V22 Osprey.

I was also working on a 737 that was going to be an AWACs variant.

My friend had a B52. That's a damn big model even in 1/72.

I also had a space shuttle, another HUGE 72nd scale craft.

WELL my latest.......... This was part of my "Christmas Win" I did..... and took and entered this one in a 3 month long contest, the contest started New Years Eve!

1957_Chrysler_300C_110_detail.jpg

A "Sleeper: look ---^

BUT its ANYTHING BUT...........a sleeper!

1957_Chrysler_300C_131_detail.jpg

A bit of a closer look under the hood:

1957_Chrysler_300C_115_detail.jpg

THEN you have the Weekend Warrior of the same car:

1957_Chrysler_300C_117_detail.jpg

1957_Chrysler_300C_116_detail.jpg

To clarify... YES this one model has TWO hoods!

1957_Chrysler_300C_129_detail.jpg

1957_Chrysler_300C_128_detail.jpg

This one was entered in a contest called "Best of the Decade "1950's"....

Thanks GTS! Was a fun build........Now I set an wait for the judging, due to be completed date is March 31st, so I got awhile till thats gonna happen but I made the deadline......

And looks AWESOME doing it!

-
Back