Wiped out all PM conversations by mistake

-

gzig5

Reaction score
I was trying to make room in my inbox to recieve PMs and somehow managed to clear out all of my personal messages by mistake instead of the two I was trying to. Can they be restored? There are contacts, references, and other important information in a couple of them that I don't want to lose.

Click on your avatar go to my contents.
Messages will appear. If you do t have them all. In the lower right corner I believe it's says more click there.
Pretty much all public and private messages will appear. At least for gold members.

Click on your avatar go to my contents.
Messages will appear. If you do t have them all. In the lower right corner I believe it's says more click there.
Pretty much all public and private messages will appear. At least for gold members.
Nope, they got whacked. Hoping I can get a couple back.

Hind site is 2020.

Going Gold Membership gives you 10x the message storage and you can move and save pictures in the messages.

No ads also....

☆☆☆☆☆

I was trying to make room in my inbox to recieve PMs and somehow managed to clear out all of my personal messages by mistake instead of the two I was trying to. Can they be restored? There are contacts, references, and other important information in a couple of them that I don't want to lose.

If one of the import ones was with me I still got it all if you need any of it. Other than that I’m not sure how to fix it.

I’m aware. I’ve been gold several times. Probably half of my tenure here, but let it lapse.
I've let mine lapse a few times . Everytime I renew they come back unless I deleated them and hit the option to not allow future reply.
I just went back to 2016 and could go further. That's a lot of messages.

I've let mine lapse a few times . Everytime I renew they come back unless I deleated them and hit the option to not allow future reply.
I just went back to 2016 and could go further. That's a lot of messages.
I fat fingered something when I was trying to delete two that I felt I could live without to make room for incoming messages. Somehow I selected all of them. Hate doing that stuff on my phone. So it's on me. I'll be better in the future on keeping up Gold status.

Appreciate it. Sent him a message. :thumbsup:
I got it an it did pull back the message string, so that worked. Thanks.

I guess if there isn't a time machine to bring them all back I'll try to contact folks one by one and hopefully they haven't dumped them on their end. Unfortunately a couple of them aren't around anymore.

If you go into your messages they get stored in the deleted messages area.
WINNER!!
Thank you. It was right there in front of my face. Never noticed the TRASH folder under the Inbox before. Seems you have to confirm you want to rejoin each one to see what's in it, but they are still there.

Thanks to all. Looks like I averted a small disaster, large inconvenience.

WINNER!!
Thank you. It was right there in front of my face. Never noticed the TRASH folder under the Inbox before. Seems you have to confirm you want to rejoin each one to see what's in it, but they are still there.

Thanks to all. Looks like I averted a small disaster, large inconvenience.
I never noticed til recently either. Glad I could help. Have a great weekend.

This is great to know!!

But it begs the question - What's the point of limiting the private messages for non-gold club members if they ultimately end up getting stored in the trash once they are deleted? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

This is great to know!!

But it begs the question - What's the point of limiting the private messages for non-gold club members if they ultimately end up getting stored in the trash once they are deleted? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Probably like some e-mail programs that you Delete messages, but they get held in trash for 30 days (in case you need them back). After 30 days they are gone.

☆☆☆☆☆

This is great to know!!

You can send pictures of private messages if you are a gold member. Plus have more than 10 active conversations if you are that busy.

This is great to know!!

My guess is it is a soft incentive to go Gold. I sure didn't know the old ones were accessible until now and most probably don't. I like the additional message access so I don't have to manage the inbox and being able to put pics in PMs is handy. I just get lazy on my subscriptions from time to time, or I may not have anything in the PP account when needed.

My guess is it is a soft incentive to go Gold. I sure didn't know the old ones were accessible until now and most probably don't. I like the additional message access so I don't have to manage the inbox and being able to put pics in PMs is handy. I just get lazy on my subscriptions from time to time, or I may not have anything in the PP account when needed.
Glad it all worked out for you, and I never noticed that box to retrieve messages from trash. So its a win for both if us.
Members helping each other is what makes this a great forum.

-
Back