Wiper arm nuts

-

paul1bass

Reaction score
I got a paint job on my 1964 Valiant Signet and the wiper arm retaining nuts went missing! Anybody know where can I find replacement wiper arm hold down nuts?

Me too as I lost mine when the car was taken apart in 2015.

They're really not supposed to come off. They have a flare on the bottom side that is supposed to hold the nuts in the arms, but over time they either rust off or the flare loses its integrity. I'll look. I might have a couple. I know I have some arms with the nuts I really don't want to separate, but I may have some nuts separately. I'll look tomorrow and see.

They're really not supposed to come off. They have a flare on the bottom side that is supposed to hold the nuts in the arms, but over time they either rust off or the flare loses its integrity. I'll look. I might have a couple. I know I have some arms with the nuts I really don't want to separate, but I may have some nuts separately. I'll look tomorrow and see.
Thanks.

paul, It hardly rains here.Didn't put them back on,,yet.

I got a paint job on my 1964 Valiant Signet and the wiper arm retaining nuts went missing! Anybody know where can I find replacement wiper arm hold down nuts?
Welcome to FABO. If you are looking for parts, a wanted thread in the Marketplace forums is the place to start.

Fix the missing screws (not nuts) and improve your wipers' ability to actually wipe, and stop getting stabbed in the eyes by sun reflections off the chrome, all in one go—like this.

Fix the missing screws (not nuts) and improve your wipers' ability to actually wipe, and stop getting stabbed in the eyes by sun reflections off the chrome, all in one go—like this.
The originals have hex nuts that hold them on.

To the OP, I'm sorry, I do not have any extra wiper arm nuts.

You can substitute any prevailing torque flange nut and get the same result...

McMaster-Carr

Prevailing torque nuts have some interference with the threads (accomplished many different ways/styles) and prevent the nut from loosening with vibration... They can put a nylon insert in the nut to drag on the thread, distort the thread with a punch on the side, oval holes for the thread, etc...

If the wipers have a captured nut, I'm wondering how they could have disappeared during the car's paint job.
Like I explained. The flares rust or wear over time. It doesn't take much.

-
Back