wiper arms

-

unknownsnake

Reaction score
anyone have pictures if there wiper arms. I had them working and I have no clue what happened now. The driver side arm wont go all the way up but passenger will. One arm fell off and I put it on both ways and still cant figure out the problem. I have a 73 dart sport not sure what years are the same.

anyone have pictures if there wiper arms. I had them working and I have no clue what happened now. The driver side arm wont go all the way up but passenger will. One arm fell off and I put it on both ways and still cant figure out the problem. I have a 73 dart sport not sure what years are the same.
I just re did mine a week ago on a 73 Dart Swinger. Be sure the bushings are pressed in the arm all the way. On motor side the bushing must be pressed on the tit on the wiper motor arm. Not easy or fun. I had to pull glove box, cluster, and motor from engine bay. Wound up using a very long flat tip screwdriver to push on the arm with the new bushing on the wiper motor through the glove box.

FYI,
Marion

Sounds like you have the rods swapped at the drivers side wiper pivots.
That will require flipping the bushings in the end over.

I don't have radio or anything so it's easy to get to. I got the longer one going between the two pivots and the short one from left pivot to motor.

But which arm is on the top of the pivot and which is on the bottom?

$_1.jpg

Think I figured it out going to try something this week. I think bar was off when I put arms on because when motor stops arm doesn't line up

Ever seen wiper arms go south and ruin a freshly painted hood ? I have. Always run the wipers and let the linkage/pivots go to properly parked before installing the arms.
OEM nylon bushings could last up to 25 years. In many case the aftermarket bushings would last only 1 to 3 years. The fault isn't always the quality of those aftermarket parts. Worn out pivot posts ( especially the left one ) is the more likely cause of early bushing failure. Good luck with yours

Ever seen wiper arms go south and ruin a freshly painted hood ? I have. Always run the wipers and let the linkage/pivots go to properly parked before installing the arms.
OEM nylon bushings could last up to 25 years. In many case the aftermarket bushings would last only 1 to 3 years. The fault isn't always the quality of those aftermarket parts. Worn out pivot posts ( especially the left one ) is the more likely cause of early bushing failure. Good luck with yours

Yep, best way is to run em with the arms off, then shut them off and put the arms on.
Never seen one go all the way to the hood, but damn close.

-
Back