Wiper Blade refills?

-

michiganpat

Reaction score
RockAuto.
1716947263211.png

Sadly, they're almost out. But you should be able to take the numbers to OReilley or NAPA or Advance Auto or wherever and have them order them in for you.
They also have cut to fit refills.
1716947551115.png

I just buy an okay set of wipers and remove the rubbers and metal sides. Cut the rubbers to fit and install.

When was the last time anyone did that?

Sometime around the early 00's, they completely changed the way "refils" work.
The new ones are thinner and won't work in the old style blade holders.
They are also three pieces, with the metal supports seperate and a royal PITA to asemble.

When was the last time anyone did that?

Sometime around the early 00's, they completely changed the way "refils" work.
The new ones are thinner and won't work in the old style blade holders.
They are also three pieces, with the metal supports seperate and a royal PITA to asemble.
I just did it a few weeks ago. Anco wipers (yellow and blue packages) still sold today work and the blades are cheaper…. Sorry but when did wiper blades start selling for $25 each? Frecken auto part stores are charging more than the dealers. Sorry - a little rant.
Anyhow, they are out there. I paid like $10 per blade.

I just did it a few weeks ago. Anco wipers (yellow and blue packages) still sold today work and the blades are cheaper…. Sorry but when did wiper blades start selling for $25 each? Frecken auto part stores are charging more than the dealers. Sorry - a little rant.
Anyhow, they are out there. I paid like $10 per blade.

Might be nice to show a pic of a specific part number.

I've been buying blades at thrift stores.
In the past 1.5 years, I've scored three sets (pairs) of old school 15 and 16" refils and a ton of 18-22" modern assemblies.
All in the $2-$5 range.
Also just put $5 thrift 26" on my wife's car.
I'm also working on finding modern beam blades that are low enough to go under the hood of 71-74 B body cars.
I'm close.

On my Duster I bought refills for a 78 Corvette, I had to trim about an 1" off the refills.
Fit very nice.

NAPA has a "classic" line of wipers that look like the originals and then you can use their refills.

I need to stop assuming you can find anything on the internet.....I stopped at the oldest parts store in town (been in business for 101 years, they don't have a website), and they had 2 new 16" anco refills amongst all their misc wipers, so I bought them both...1 set is now on the car, the other hanging up in the garage for the next time....

refill.jpg

-
Back