Wiper bushing help

-

FJ5

Reaction score
I'm trying to rebuild my wipers. I have dorman wiper linkage bushing # 49447. It list as being for a 74-2007 chrysler products. I however have a 70 dart swinger. They go on just like some of the threads I've read, but they just fall off when you move the wiper arm. Where can I get the correct bushings. One post said dorman 49440 but that crosses over to a NAPA 665-1537 which is exactly the same wrong bushing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would love to post a pic but it keeps throwing me to a blank screen.

Which of these are you trying to use? I thought 70 had metal clips. One thing that helped a lot when I changed mine was to poke a pinhole in the back of those plastic ones so the go on easier. The air trapped in them kept pushing them back off. I put a little grease inside them also (just a little dab)

Attachments

• Dorman.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 352
I used the bottom ones. But they just slide off when you move the arms.

I also had to cut that little tab on the side off because my wiper arms are not slotted.

By chance does your wiper arm look like the one on the right in this pic ?

Attachments

• Wiper Pivots 72 Demon 003.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 276
I also had trouble finding the correct bushing for my car. This is what I ended up needing....

Attachments

• Wiper Pivots 72 Demon 005.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 273
  • Wiper Pivots 72 Demon 006.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 271
  • Wiper Pivots 72 Demon 008.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 312
This is what I'm dealing with

Attachments

• image.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 251
They are exceptionally tight and just fall off the stud when you move it back and forth. As if the wipers were working.

I can only assume that they are. The car was a little old lady car with 86,000 miles. I've googled until I'm blue in the face and all i get is the same bushings that i have. I cut the end out of the bushings and that allows it to fit into the groove a little better, but makes it really tight and I'm worried it will pull too many amps.

The bushing I showed above is for the wiper crank end & is not what you're working with...My mistake :eek:ops:

It looks like you are working on the pivot ends & they take a different bushing than you have. I'll see if I can find a pic....

these bushings go by several different part numbers. The package says 74-2007. However Year one has it and their listing says it fits a 70. Ebay list them for a 70 as well.

6pk2godemon, I am glad to know that I'm not going crazy. The ones that was on it were a 4 bladed plastic piece. Sorry the pic I took would not load.

6pk2godemon, I am glad to know that I'm not going crazy. The ones that was on it were a 4 bladed plastic piece. Sorry the pic I took would not load.

No you're not crazy LOL & that 4 fingered plastic piece is what you need for the pivot end. It might be the one posted in the pic above by Trailbeast in the middle row... The pic quality makes it tough to be sure :scratch:

Here is a pic of what I'm looking for.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 270
They are plastic not metal.
Where can I find these wiper bushings for a 70 dart??

Dads 67 caused me sooo much grief....3 sets all wrong....took it apart and frickin has copper/brass bushings.....

4speed you are the BOMB!!
GREAT JOB. but wow 5 bucks apiece! They know you need them so they charge what they want. I knew i could count on FABO

4speed you are the BOMB!! GREAT JOB. but wow 5 bucks apiece! They know you need them so they charge what they want. I knew i could count on FABO

a trick I use sometimes is a google search and click "images". Helps scan thru what I am looking for, then check the website out. Check around, there are cheaper ones. Im pretty sure Napa has them.

-
Back