Wiper linkage arm

-

Ivoryk3ys78

Reaction score
We had the instrument cluster out to work on a wiring issue and saw the linkage arm was missing. I got one now but it looks like that takes special hold down nuts or whatever they are on each end of it.

I am wondering if someone knows where I can get these?

Thanks a lot

Parts manual for your car(whatever it is?)is priceless. They're bushings.
We had the instrument cluster out to work on a wiring issue and saw the linkage arm was missing. I got one now but it looks like that takes special hold down nuts or whatever they are on each end of it.

I am wondering if someone knows where I can get these?

Thanks a lot

R/T Specialties have a wipe kit, that has three of the linkage bushings, and the bushing and clip for the motor, cost is $25 call Tom

Did you ever find what you’re looking for? I need a set for my Duster too.

The clips I posted that I found above were right. My brother got the motor going then hooked the interlink arm or whatever its called on. Motor turned some and then got bogged down and the clips popped off.

So the clips are correct but I am not sure if the arm is wrong or what. So at my end it is still a work in progress amongst other things.

Did you ever find what you’re looking for? I need a set for my Duster too.

I believe '72 Abodies started using the plastic cup type connectors instead of the brass bushings and clips. Same plastic linkage connectors are used in the mid '70's and up trucks and vans. Last time I checked, the dealer still had those available. If not, I've seen them in the Help kits at the local auto parts store, and of course, online. To do it properly, you need to remove the whole wiper transmission and replace all of the connectors. If one broke, there rest aren't far behind. Make sure the wiper pivots aren't seized too. That's a common problem after all these years. I'd also get new seals for the wiper pivots to keep the rain from leaking into the car.

Yep. Only used four, dropped one on the garage floor and it instantly disappeared into another dimension, and got one spare left.
I used a hint I read somewhere that said to poke a pinhole in the top and put a dab of grease in it. Used a pair of vise grips and they popped right on. No heater box in my car so it wasn’t too bad of a job.

-
Back